Spyder Garage

Default Question on 2019 rt limited and Bluetooth

Am looking at updating to the 2019 rt limited, and was wondering if Bluetooth is built into or should I keep the Sena SM10 from my 2014?
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Bluetooth is built in to the 2019 RT Limited. So it will do the same as a SM10 and feed the onboard audio to the driver and passenger helmets. In addition the Spyder will BT pair to your smartphone. That way it can be used as an audio source. Also the driver can answer and make phone call using the handlebar controls.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thank you Billy, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Bluetooth is built in to the 2019 RT Limited. So it will do the same as a SM10 and feed the onboard audio to the driver and passenger helmets. In addition the Spyder will BT pair to your smartphone. That way it can be used as an audio source. Also the driver can answer and make phone call using the handlebar controls.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I have been looking at a new 2018/2019 RTS LTD and the SM10 is needed of you wish to have a CB (yes Old School but is you are doing RFTW or traveling with HD's, PGR, or Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall as must). As far as the built in BRP Connect Bluetooth, it has its limits, it WILL NOT play the radio via Bluetooth according to my dealer (I checked 3) and when I contacted BRP to ask if they were working on a "firmware update to fix issue" the response I got floored me. They said "we recommend yo contact your local BRP dealer as they have the latest information on service of your machine." Seriously, the local dealer is going to write program code?
    2020 RT LIMITED (Dark) , Caulk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChapMikeM25 View Post
    I have been looking at a new 2018/2019 RTS LTD and the SM10 is needed of you wish to have a CB (yes Old School but is you are doing RFTW or traveling with HD's, PGR, or Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall as must). As far as the built in BRP Connect Bluetooth, it has its limits, it WILL NOT play the radio via Bluetooth according to my dealer (I checked 3) and when I contacted BRP to ask if they were working on a "firmware update to fix issue" the response I got floored me. They said "we recommend yo contact your local BRP dealer as they have the latest information on service of your machine." Seriously, the local dealer is going to write program code?
    Some corrections.

CB cannot be integrated into the audio on 2018 and newer. Has to be a separate system. To wirelessly connect to your helmet. You would use a SR10 not a SM10. The SM10 is only one way audio. For CB you need 2 way that the SR10 has.

Not being able to BT FM radio to your helmet headset is old news. That has been fixed with dash firmware update 20.8. Which has been available since sometime last winter.

2018 F3 LIMITED