Spyder Garage

Default REVER route planner

Has anyone been using the REVER app/site to plan and upload routes to Garmin? I've been using the TYRE and MyRoute app for a few years and thought I'd give something else a try. Just curious if there are many thoughts about of REVER yet.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Rever can be a GPS as well as be used to create routes. It can upload GPX files also. Don't think it's free though.

I use it for tracking and a new feature is making 3D video of your route.

2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Following...........what I need is an app that will let me "design" my own route. I love designing a route on Google Maps, but then can't transfer it to my iPhone as I have it routed. It will transfer but it designs it's own route. We don't like taking the "most direct or shortest route", being able to design our routes is a pleasure, but I have to make a note of the route and tape it to the tank so I know where I am going........or I make wrong turns and get lost (just ask my wife!).

O. J.
    Ridin' "Lucille", the MusicMaker
    a 2017 F3 Limited (Pure Magnesium Metallic)
    Wife, Jan, riding "Ruby Jane"
    a 2016 F3-T (Intense Red Pearl)
    2017 F3-Limited , Magnesium (light grey)

Spyder Garage

I checked it out last night and I liked it. It does say it is free with limited features for as long as you want but $60.00 a year if you want the full app.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Juice View Post
    Following...........what I need is an app that will let me "design" my own route. I love designing a route on Google Maps, but then can't transfer it to my iPhone as I have it routed. It will transfer but it designs it's own route. We don't like taking the "most direct or shortest route", being able to design our routes is a pleasure, but I have to make a note of the route and tape it to the tank so I know where I am going........or I make wrong turns and get lost (just ask my wife!).
    I've been using MyRouteApp (web site and iPhone apps) for 3 years and I'm very happy with it.

You can do everything you're saying with it.

You can also use it offline without using any of your data plan if you want.
    X-Grip Ram Mount Phone Holder, Lamonster Fog and driving lights, BRP Heated grip, Home made rear rack + Shad SH58X top case, BRP belt tensioner
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

Did you get it to load to a Garmin 660?
    Can Am 2013 RTL SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I haven't used a computer to create routes for 20 years. I learned to use the GPS unit then found it's much easier on the smartphone because of faster processor. I like to let the expensive devices do the work form and I can put a few points in and let the device do the work for me. I use Google to get an idea on where and how I want to go and then make the route on the phone.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I use Basecamp from Garmin. Takes a little getting use to but works well
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MagYukon View Post
    I've been using MyRouteApp (web site and iPhone apps) for 3 years and I'm very happy with it.

You can do everything you're saying with it.

You can also use it offline without using any of your data plan if you want.
    Thanks, I'm going to give it a try........I have a ride on Saturday, will see how it works.......

O. J.
    Ridin' "Lucille", the MusicMaker
    a 2017 F3 Limited (Pure Magnesium Metallic)
    Wife, Jan, riding "Ruby Jane"
    a 2016 F3-T (Intense Red Pearl)
    2017 F3-Limited , Magnesium (light grey)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I spent some planning the ride I'm on now with Rever. Its certainly better than Garmin Basecamp that I've been using for the last 18 months.

When i tried to export the trip it asked me to pay for a subscription, i dont know if that's due to the site using geolocation and recognising I'm in Australia.

I'm on a trip to Lightning Ridge and basecamp had the town having only 3 streets, and the Hot Spring just around the corner from our accommodation. Turns out there are many more streets and the spring is 2km away. Rever had it correct.
    2017 RTL , White

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Juice View Post
    The more waypoints you include in the Google route the closer the GPS route will be. The GPS creates a route point to point. The closer the points are to each other the less latitude in route planning you give to the GPS.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I have used this program to covert routes to a GPX file that I customize in Google maps. I then upload the the GPX file to my Garmin GPS.

https://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input

I have used Basecamp but it’s not user friendly.
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

Been using this German planner:

https://kurviger.de/en

Exports to a variety of formats and has two cool features that allows you to plan adjusting the curviness of the route and plan a random roundtrip just by setting a direction and distance.

There's also an Android App with turn-by-turn navigation (pro version only).
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black Satin

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    I use Basecamp from Garmin. Takes a little getting use to but works well
    Any new GPS, App or device takes a little getting used to. It's the fun of trying something new and working with it that makes it easy to use. So far, I've been playing with and learning the apps for the Spyder and it's getting easier and easier. Every once in a while something goes funny and things lock up or crash but then my old Garmin and Tomtom did the same.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Obviously, are a number of route planners available. I like trying different ones from time to time, but I always come back to Tyre and MyRouteapp to finalize the route. I most definitely like it the best for features, functionality, adaptability and reliability.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spyder Garage

Easiest route planner I have used to date.

Spyder Garage

Unless I'm planing a route for a few people I use my garmin zuno 396 in Adventurous mode . Basically put in your destination and it finds a hilly curvy non highway to get there .
    Takes the hassle of doing it yourself and it finds roads I've never considered riding on with great results . myroute is my goto when planing a dedicated route though .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tofriendscreek View Post
    Obviously, are a number of route planners available. I like trying different ones from time to time, but I always come back to Tyre and MyRouteapp to finalize the route. I most definitely like it the best for features, functionality, adaptability and reliability.
    My understanding is that Tyre is no longer supported and is going away. Are you still able to use it?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Tyre is their desktop planner, it's still supported although getting maps to show there has not been easy.
    They have gone to openstreetmap and back to gmaps now, but the licensing now for these are not user friendly (you need to open an account there to get a valid ID).

MyRouteApp is the successor, runs on mobile platform and web.
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black Satin

Spyder Garage

I use the paid Rever subscription and have for a number of years. I've used the Butler maps to plan many rides in areas where I have never been and have had generally great results. That said, I've tried to "push" the planner to take me on some very minor roads that ended up being private, so it can help to see if a ride also can be planned in Google Maps if you are looking for the most obscure of routes. You should never have an issue with the Butler Maps.

I use it on my phone which is mounted to my Spyder and connect to my helmet, and don't export it. They have options based on both waypoints (that creates turn by turn directions, but the routing between the waypoints is automatic, so you need to be smart about how those are selected) and creating a path to follow.

It isn't perfect, but they do seem to work on making it better whenever they can, and it is the best option I've found. I would recommend the app - but get used to it before using it on a major ride in areas that you don't know.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.