Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster sway bar maybe?

Hi folks, 2013 RTL, I am finding all kinds of upgrades.
    How would I know if a Lamonster sway bar is one by looking at it?
    Thanks in advance!

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The swaybar will have aluminum links with Lamonster engraved on them, The bar will be thicker then stock bar. If I remember right 5/8 dia. for the stock bar, I think with plastic links.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 09-09-2019 at 10:11 AM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

In the center of the bar, where it passes through the frame, there will be a Bajaron brand decal on the bar. End links will also be metal not black plastic.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

The stock bar for the RT is 5/8" in diameter. Take a 5/8" open end wrench. If it fits over any straight portion of the bar it is a stock bar. If it will not fit over the bar, then you have an upgraded bar kit installed. Some have replaced the original plastic end link set with the billet aluminum set without changing out the bar itself. So the metal end links are not always conclusive evidence that the bar has been upgraded.

Hope this helps!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Will I feel any improvement if I replace the plastic links with metal ones? That seems to me like an easy first step.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Will I feel any improvement if I replace the plastic links with metal ones? That seems to me like an easy first step.
    The consensus is 'Yes'. Though I have not personally tested this on any Spyder model. A number of customers have told me that it does make a difference. I have personally tested this on the Ryker, which has a much weaker sway bar system because it is a lighter weight and smaller machine. I can say that going to ridged links did make a difference in this application.

Obviously, the improvement will not be near what it is with a full sway bar upgrade. You will have to have ridden enough and be familiar with the handling characteristics of your Spyder or you may not perceive the improvement gained.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for that reply. I do have the entire swaybar assembly on my winter project list.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Thanks for that reply. I do have the entire swaybar assembly on my winter project list.
    That is what I recommend. And not because I want to sell more bars. But it is really neat to get the sway bar upgraded and feel that level of control that you never knew you were missing. The smiles are priceless!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    That is what I recommend. And not because I want to sell more bars. But it is really neat to get the sway bar upgraded and feel that level of control that you never knew you were missing. The smiles are priceless!

I'm glad I rode about 2500 miles before doing the bar, you really can feel the difference. the bar, plus more toe (alignment) in made the RTL drive very easily. No more fighting the bike.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Order the sway bar from Lamonster like I did and you will know it is authentic.. Mine works fine on my 2018 RTL
    BIG F