Came home yesterday from the 3-wheel basic rider course (3WBRC) up in Palatine; 20 hours over 4 days. First day is classroom, remainder is in the parking lot except for 1 hour at the end for the 25 question written exam. Harper College has 5 Rykers, 1 F3, and 1RT available; I chose a Ryker, which not only was much more simple in operation but also proved to be more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Nine initial students, three of whom dropped while riding...if I had any complaint about the course, it would be that not enough emphasis was given to the performance of these machines versus what folks may be used to. I believe that my 188 illicit RT miles represented the highest operating time in the class, although I don't recall any serious experience assessment. Most of the students were even older than me. Inadvertent throttle blips and subsequent loss of control accounted for losses. I would highly recommend the course for any newbies residing in Illinois, for twenty bucks you get a good deal of saddle time, a chance to ride different models, and a course completion certificate (mailed, 2-4 weeks) that you can take to the DMV for your new license...and mayhap an insurance adjustment.