Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Super Chocks/Trailer

Last year I bought a set of the Super chocks of a fellow Spyderlover member the only problem was I did not have a trailer to install them in yet. With us being out town for work a lot the Spyder was getting to much garage time, since the dog goes with us. So the hunt began and we started picking peoples brains here on the site and other places.

We decided on a 7X14 V Nosed Car-Mate and ordered 28 April well it finally came home on Friday evening just in time for us to hit the road on Sunday for two weeks (yep the Spyder gets to go).

I set mine up like JAHERBST it works very well had the Spyder in and strapped down in seconds. Real shame they do not make these chocks anymore for the Spyder.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Nice hauler, congrats! Like those chocks too. We are having to haul my husbands ride on my 12' hay trailer next week. Hope it doesn't rain!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The SuperChocks were a simple way of securing the Spyder in a trailer ….. they were Uber expensive …. I discovered ( years ago ) that placing a HD ratchet strap over the tire/s ) in-line w/the tread )was a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less expensive method of doing that ….$ 5.00 vs. $350.00 + ..... time usually improves things and the marketplace decides what is sold or dis-continued …… Mike

Spyder Garage

I like the E-track on the floor. Great idea. I don't like those eye bolts that come with the Spyder clamps. Trip over them all the time when using the trailer for something else.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Did our first trip the E-Track worked like a charm, bike did not move at all despite some rough roads and one complete wheel lockup when some brilliant lady decided it would be a good idea to make a right turn from the left lane.

On a positive note I learned it takes quite a bit of distance to stop an Audi Q7 with about 4800 of trailer/cargo attached at 45 MPH.
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

I agree with your strapping method has worked well for car haulers for years. You are correct these chocks new were pretty steep in price and that is why I bought used. Not sure when they stopped making them for the Spyder but I can not help to think they may have sold them self short by not entering the market at the correct time. Seems at the time Spdyers were not yet a popular item which dictated the higher cost of the chock as there were few sales. I would imagine if there were enough sales that they could make more for less and get the price around $200 they would fly off the shelf.
    To be continued....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like my superchocks. Properly used, they hold the bike securely in 3 planes without stressing the frame, suspension or wheels. Pricey, but very worthwhile I think.

They stopped making them about 3 years ago due to insufficient demand. Too bad, really.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

To be continued....

Spyder Garage

If I had to do it again and since the Spyder Clamps are no longer available. I would use the E-track chock and rachat strap. Similar to the picture attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2018 F3 LIMITED