Spyder Garage

Default Toyo Proxes question

Anyone use this tire in stock size. Fit, wear, ect.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

308gunner just bought a couple of these and posted about them on the FB page for Spyderlovers.... Maybe hop over there: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...lY1sK_68&ifg=1

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    308gunner just bought a couple of these and posted about them on the FB page for Spyderlovers.... Maybe hop over there: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...lY1sK_68&ifg=1
    That is where I seen it. He hasn't installed it yet. Just wondering if anyone has used it.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I can't tell exactly which model the pic is ….. However I did use a Toyo Proxes T-1-r in 185/55-15 on the front of my 2014 RT ….. it was the stickiest tire I have ever tried on a Spyder …… Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I can't tell exactly which model the pic is ….. However I did use a Toyo Proxes T-1-r in 185/55-15 on the front of my 2014 RT ….. it was the stickiest tire I have ever tried on a Spyder …… Mike
    It is a Proxes 4

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Handy to know.
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Interesting, did they clear the 2014 fenders without any issues? I've considered for the front but the extra size in diameter and width had me concerned about rubbing:

Tire size calc 185-55-15.jpg
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    Interesting, did they clear the 2014 fenders without any issues? I've considered for the front but the extra size in diameter and width had me concerned about rubbing:

Tire size calc 185-55-15.jpg
    My 14 had the old style fenders, I shimmed out the wheels ( at the Hub ) ( and the attachment point inside the fender ) and it was a tight fit ….. but if the tire doesn't touch the inside bracket, you've shimmed enough ….. the tire and the fenders are " static " their fitment never changes afterwards ……. good luck …. Mike …….PS - thru various tire swaps with various compounds and tire sizes ….. I learned there are limits to how much traction is enough ….WHY ? - because the VSS reacts to two things ….low traction ie. sliding …. and High traction ie. " G " forces …. I have heard on this Forum from quite a few folks " if you drive really smooth ( in turns ) your speed won't trip the NANNY " …. well that's just Hooey, physics controls the Nanny ….. jmho …. Mike

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Mike. Is that 185/55 accurate for the size?
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Mike. Is that 185/55 accurate for the size?
    Accurate for this size ???? …… I'm not sure what you mean …… Mike ...… It was a long time ago, the tire may have been a " 50 " aspect ratio "..... but the 185 & 15in are correct ….

Spyder Garage

That was Joseph Golden's post. Those tires are discontinued but can still be found. He said he bought them out of Canada. You will pay more than like a Yokohama S drive. Joseph likes drag racing so he gets the best he can find. They are a good looking tire though.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    That was Joseph Golden's post. Those tires are discontinued but can still be found. He said he bought them out of Canada. You will pay more than like a Yokohama S drive. Joseph likes drag racing so he gets the best he can find. They are a good looking tire though.
    I'm going to mount them on..when I get back home... according to consumer reports....these are the best ones as in wet and dry performance...as I stated in Facebook...these do cost more....the only question remains....how long will they last? I'm figuring a Max. of 15,000 miles since I'm an agressive rider. Which is fine with me. Considering it's a softer rubber compound it's a great rain tire. So again around 15,000 or less...that's why I brought TWO!!!!

Spyder Garage

I had a set of Proxes on my GTO... I found them to be a fairly hard tire and not good on wet pavement. Maybe they made improvements over the last few years, but I won't buy them again.
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwulf74 View Post
    I had a set of Proxes on my GTO... I found them to be a fairly hard tire and not good on wet pavement. Maybe they made improvements over the last few years, but I won't buy them again.
    A Spyder Is not a GTO.....try them on your Spyder...then give a review.