Spyder Garage

Default Windshield vent template?

Hi Does anybody have a windshield vent template when you use a Goldwing 1800 vent on stock 2012 RT windshield? Thanx

Spyder Garage

I believe if you do a Search here there's a few to be found. This forum has an encyclopedic amount of knowledge stored in it
    2011 Spyder RT-S
    LtCol, USAF Ret
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    2011 RT , Yes Blue

Spyder Garage

Found one for a showchrome Goldwing 1800..just don't know if all the cut outs are the same...

Spyder Garage

Default Windshield Vent for our 2014 Spyder RT Limited - not too bad to install

Here's the one I used. Purchased it on Amazon. Show Chrome Accessories 2-359C Clear Windshield Air Vent

I looked and could not find my template, but one comes with the unit. I left windshield on the bike and used several layers of tape to protect the windshield. Used a drill for the corners to insure round holes were there to prevent stress cracks - no sharp corners. I used a saber saw carefully for the rest of the cutout.

The template was a "guide" as I had to modify it to be a slightly larger hole - maybe due to the curvature of the Spyder RT windshield compared to a Goldwing.

UPDATE: Found a scan of the template (don't know if it will print to scale, but here you go) - see attachment

Works well - here's a couple of pics. PM me if any questions.....good luck with your project!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

used template I found on another thread as a start was too small by 1/8"-1/4"..a little dremal tool and done fits perfectly..at a cost Total of $21 including shipping