Spyder Garage

Default Genius Map odd directions

I have now used genius maps for several months. The app gets me where I am going but gives me some odd directions. Many times it tries to have me go through residential areas instead of staying on the main through fare like google maps does. It also guides me to gravel roads even though I have it set up to avoid them. If I say avoid highways I really get sent through a lot of residential areas.
    I have ran both genius maps and google at the same time and get different directions, google always keeps you on the main roads until you are very close to your destination.
    Am I missing something or is it just the nature of the beast.

Spyder Garage

It will be in your settings. Look at avoidances choices.

Rarely will 2 gps units or apps will route the same. That is because there will be likely differences between the 2 of them. Different maps, route setting, etc.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I've noticed the exact same things. It is constantly telling me to turn onto gravel roads. It has also had me get off of a main route onto surface streets only to have me back onto the main route a few miles late. Not the best Map system out there....
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

2018 F3 Limited Dark , Stock Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

We ran into the same stuff on our trip from AK to AR. I was misdirected the "long" way at least two times. I take GPS info now with a large grain of salt.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Kinda why I use Sygic instead. The only thing I don't like is it constantly reminding me that a turn is coming up.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Kinda why I use Sygic instead. The only thing I don't like is it constantly reminding me that a turn is coming up.
    I prefer Sygic too, although I can't understand why it wastes 1/3 of the already small display screen on the right side of the dash display. I would much prefer that it use the entire display area to show the road graphics. Or am I doing something wrong?

That being said, neither Genius Map or Sygic are nearly as good as the good old Garmin Zumo 660 on my 2012 RT!

2018 RT Ltd.
    2018 RT Ltd , Oxford Blue/Chrome