Spyder Garage

Default LEDs for a Spyder RSS 2015

Starting to be very dark when I leave in the morning for work... and realized the stock lights are... well, weak .

So, I was looking around eBay and found an LED set that apparently are plug and play - based on what the seller is saying (guy is US based).
    Has anyone used this set of LEDs?

LED_lights.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Not sure...

I have an RS but have not found a simple plug and play LED headlight set. If you go for it and it works out let us know as tere are others looking....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I will probably eventually get it... if no one chimes in... so I will keep you guys posted if anything.

Spyder Garage

Hi. I have a 2012 RS and was able to install LED lights. Screenshot_20190905-225639_eBay.jpg

Spyder Garage

I have a 2011 rss and in my experience L. E. D don't work very well in projector lights so I went with HID's instead I was able to snake the wires through the clip that hold the bulb in place unlike L. E. D the base are to big for the clip. Good luck let us know how that works.

Spyder Garage

My '10 RS had upgraded lights when I bought it... not sure if they are hid or led's. They are bright, but don't have oncoming traffic complaining because of them. I also recently changed my fog lights from halogen to led. I keep them on in the daylight too. They are a nice improvement. I was able to find those on Amazon. They are 30w, where the original were 35w, so no complaint from the Spyder electronics accepting them. On Amazon (SUPAREE Low Beam/Fog Light Bulbs 7200LM 6000K - 2 Years Warranty). Also, as someone said, a nice brighter front was to replace the standard fender marker bulbs with T10 led's... numerous choices on Amazon. Changing those was made the Spyder stand out more too. Still... as someone properly pointed out... ride defensively always, day and night, like you are invisible to everyone around you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Juejue97 View Post
    I have a 2011 rss and in my experience L. E. D don't work very well in projector lights so I went with HID's instead I was able to snake the wires through the clip that hold the bulb in place unlike L. E. D the base are to big for the clip. Good luck let us know how that works.
    That is not entirely true.
    LEDs do work on projectors (my car for example, has projectors and it comes with LEDs from factory).

The challenge for a retrofit is to find the right type of bulb that works with your projector - and that can only be done by trial and error . The LED needs to end up in exactly the same spot inside the projector, where the stock bulb is (to be more clear... the actual LEDs on the bulb -those tiny little yellowish squares - needs to be in the exact same position as the incandescent filament from the bulb".

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinDavid View Post
    My '10 RS had upgraded lights when I bought it... not sure if they are hid or led's. They are bright, but don't have oncoming traffic complaining because of them. I also recently changed my fog lights from halogen to led. I keep them on in the daylight too. They are a nice improvement. I was able to find those on Amazon. They are 30w, where the original were 35w, so no complaint from the Spyder electronics accepting them. On Amazon (SUPAREE Low Beam/Fog Light Bulbs 7200LM 6000K - 2 Years Warranty). Also, as someone said, a nice brighter front was to replace the standard fender marker bulbs with T10 led's... numerous choices on Amazon. Changing those was made the Spyder stand out more too. Still... as someone properly pointed out... ride defensively always, day and night, like you are invisible to everyone around you.
    Thank you for sharing your setup .
    I always ride defensively. My need for better light is actually so I can see better in the dark, not necessary to stand out.

I guess since nobody tried these yet, I will take the chance and order them. They come with 1 year warranty, so I guess if it doesn't work out I will return them.
    Hopefully will work... I'll keep you guys posted for sure.

Spyder Garage

When you see a picture of the image that I have attached in OP, make sure you stay away from that seller and product (eBay seller).

Those bulbs just do not fit.

Pointed to the seller that what he sent me is not even remotely plug and play (as promised even in a private message), and now he is turning around trying to blame me for ordering the wrong product.
    His argument...

ALSO, you tell us your vehicle is 2015 Spyder RS-S

We do not advertise your model on our listing:

2014+ Can-Am Spyder RS
    2014+ Can-Am Spyder RS SE5
    2014+ Can-Am Spyder RS SM5
    2014+ Can-Am Spyder RS-S SE5
    2014+ Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM5
    2013+ Can-Am Spyder ST Limited SE5
    2013+ Can-Am Spyder ST SE5
    2013+ Can-Am Spyder ST SM5
    2013+ Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5
    2013+ Can-Am Spyder ST-S SM5
    My model is a 2015 RS-S SE5... :/.
    As far as I know bulbs are the same... AND all those + signs suggest that models after are supported as well.

I have a feeling I might have to involve customer service... :/
    Any who, hopefully my experience will benefit someone else.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mrNewt View Post
    Starting to be very dark when I leave in the morning for work... and realized the stock lights are... well, weak .

So, I was looking around eBay and found an LED set that apparently are plug and play - based on what the seller is saying (guy is US based).
    Has anyone used this set of LEDs?

LED_lights.jpg

Actually am trying that set on my STL now 2month in so far so good. (Not MAJOR improvement but is better)Good fit got the H4 halogen, finding space & securing the resistor box that is in line to the bulb is another thing. It was plug & play, tricky however on the ST as had to remove the heat sink & thread back on after bulb was locked in. Not much space to play with & large hands didn’t help. To avoid dropping anything into the void I tied some kite string to the bulb plug & threaded through the dust boot & heat sink that go on after. Seller was : Gtepeformance if the RS uses same H4 bulb & you can fit you hands in there it should work.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Actually am trying that set on my STL now 2month in so far so good. (Not MAJOR improvement but is better)Good fit got the H4 halogen, finding space & securing the resistor box that is in line to the bulb is another thing. It was plug & play, tricky however on the ST as had to remove the heat sink & thread back on after bulb was locked in. Not much space to play with & large hands didn’t help. To avoid dropping anything into the void I tied some kite string to the bulb plug & threaded through the dust boot & heat sink that go on after. Seller was : Gtepeformance if the RS uses same H4 bulb & you can fit you hands in there it should work.
    The RS is using H7 bulbs, not H4.
    Is impossible to fit these in... the seller is saying they fit RS... impossible...

Are there any RS out there with H4 bulbs!? I don't see how since all of them are using the same type of projector. The STL has a completely different headlight housing as well.