Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 8LEGS View Post
    I won't be able to make the Air Zoo , but will be able to make it to Scotty's house. What time should I plan to arrive? Anyways, you all have my cell # so in case you need to call me.

OH .... Shameless begging ...... Tonight when I got home from work my NMN Triple Play was on the porch. . If I would toss that in the trunk, you think maybe, just maybe .. someone might be able to um, assist in installing?

See you all tomorrow!
    We can probably look at the Triple Play if Scotty lets us use his tools. I bet you had the Triple Play all along and figured this trip would get you a "sympathy install" from us Michiganders.

I think someone will be at Scotty's place by 4'ish if you are going straight there. We might all be there by that time if the Air Zoo doesn't hold our interest.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    We can probably look at the Triple Play if Scotty lets us use his tools. I bet you had the Triple Play all along and figured this trip would get you a "sympathy install" from us Michiganders.
    .. If I had thought of that I would have went ahead and got all the NMN stuff I want. LOL. Actually purchased them from ebay Wednesday night.

If ya'll can't thats no prob, but I had to ask.

Spyder Garage

No problem on the tools. I hear we are importing an electrician direct from General Motors.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    No problem on the tools. I hear we are importing an electrician direct from General Motors.
    -Scotty

I think I'll go to bed now. See you all tomorrow. If I arrive early I might ride over to Leaders Marine and check them out. I need a new pair of gloves and ??????

BTW. You all are

Spyder Garage

I think I'll go to bed now. See you all tomorrow. If I arrive early I might ride over to Leaders Marine and check them out. I need a new pair of gloves and ??????

BTW. You all are
    Sleep tight, safe journey and don't forget to bring the Triple Play.

Spyder Garage

BTW. You all are
    Best selections of motorcycle gear in Kalamazoo are at M&M Motorsports (3825 Lake St.) and Life Cycle (3103 Lake St.). Leaders does carry some Can-Am accessories and clothing, though.

C ya later.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Radar map is showing all clear for now.

Spyder Garage

It's raining here.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Whish I was there...Spyder in the shop for over 12 days...
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Default Spyders Hit Air Zoo; Then Invade Battle Creek

Well, we had a dandy Spyder day! No BajaRon, of course, but we tried to have a little extra fun on his behalf. Maybe another time. We missed you Ron!

Deb (DLTang) & Brian (BJT) called just before I left the house to say they were eating lunch nearby in Battle Creek, so I met them and we rode to Kalamazoo together. Poor Nancy was hurting too bad too ride, so she stayed home. Good news is that I got to ride her Spyder. We met Tim (TMehaffey) & Chris just after we pulled in to the Air Zoo museum. Brian got to see the SR-71 Blackbird, and we all had a great time looking at the planes and spacecraft. They even had some old motorcycles. Toward the end we met up with Mike (Someguy) and Dan (Firefly). They stayed at the museum a while longer while we rode to my place, where they joined us later after a nice ride. As we settled in, Tina (8Legs) rode up. Randy (Rando) & Bonnie (Bonno) came by car, but we forgave them because they brought their two dogs, who kept us entertained the whole time. What friendly, wonderful, well-trained animals! Late in the evening we even had a visit from Mark (MXZ600).

We toured through my collection, sat on each other's toys, and had some grub. Also had a tech session, where two Triple Plays got installed, Tina's park brake adjusted, and Dan made a temporary, minor repair to his Spyder. Looks like there is an additional problem cropping up in the swingarm/rear fender area. I got out the motorized tricycle, but the carb needs to be rebuilt, so we did not run it. Following the tradition, everyone had their picture taken on the tricycle. We were having so much fun we never even made it out of the driveway to the backyard. No rain, so no need for the canopy, and warm enough we didn't need the campfire. Much better day than was forecast, but still a little like October. We seemed to have much more fun standing around the eight Spyders and talking about them. Never even made it to the Taco Bell cruise night, although I'm sure we would have made an impression.

Nancy and I were deeply honored that everyone would travel so far to come see us. She really wants to reciprocate, but we still have some health issues to deal with. Thanks to everyone for making it so much easier on us. We would have missed out on another get-together if you hadn't come to us instead. Providing some food and a place to land was the least we could do in return. Once again you have all proven that SpyderLovers are the nicest people! Thanks!
    -Scotty (Nancy'sToy) & Nancy
    Last edited by NancysToy; 07-18-2009 at 09:46 PM.

Spyder Garage

A very nice day and great hosts! They talked me into getting my pic on the trike--- and I really hate having my photo taken.

Was great to meet everyone and see all the different mods. Only thing we seemed to run out of was time!

Great food and a great time overall - glad I was able to make some changes and get there much earlier than I originally thought I would. Had a nice ride with Mike (someguy) over and back.

There were no cars at the Taco Bell when I drove home - so either they were done or it was canceled.

8 Spyders - pretty good for an impromptu meet-up ---- just think what we could do if we really planned something!

Thanks again Scotty and Nancy for a nice time!

Hope everyone made it home safe and sound!

Spyder Garage

I made it home just after midnight. What a wonderful day! Great food, great time, and GREAT company. I imagine the pictures of all of us on the trike will surface tomorrow! Thank You Brian for installing my lights! I won't forget I owe you a Spyder cleaning and detail. Thank You Scotty for adjusting my brake, although it did stick again after fueling up, darn thing.

I had a 400 mile round trip.

Thank you Michigan Spyder Ryders for a wonderful day!

Hope to see you all again soon.
    Last edited by 8LEGS; 07-18-2009 at 11:42 PM. Reason: spelling, hey, I'm tired. LOL

Spyder Garage

Our first Tri-state SpyderLovers meet was a success. Thanks for hosting us Scotty. Not much to add from your recap of the day. I was sorry that you guys went through the work of setting up your backyard and we never made it back there. I am glad we were able to help Tina out with her Triple Play and her parking brake adjustment. Mike got his Triple play installed quickly, without any issue, with help from Dan. Dan's rear fender mounting tab breaking is the second one I've seen. We found Debbie's was broken about two months ago and I had weld it back onto the swingarm. That was just before her rear fender mounts tore apart. Dan's rear fender mounts have the same metal fatigue / tearing just starting in the lower corners.

Anyways.... Too bad we missed the car cruise. As Debbie and I were leaving town, we passed by the Taco Bell and saw that it was winding down. There were only a few cars left in the lot. Two "events" in one day seem to be a bit much for these types of get togethers as people really enjoy hanging out, talking and comparing Spyders as much as anything.

It was great meeting everyone and hanging out with our Spyder friends.

To all who were at Scotty's and those who couldn't make it this time, there is another "Spyder meet" in late August near Sandusky Michigan. As it stands right now, that one is mainly a picnic so there'll be plenty of time for visiting and probably some time for a "tech session" if needed .

Spyder Garage

Our first Tri-state SpyderLovers meet was a success. Thanks for hosting us Scotty. .

It was definitely a great time. I loved seeing how everyone had done something a little different with their Spyders. That is, except for Tim (TMehaffey), he did EVERYTHING different! I couldn't believe how much chrome is on his Spyder. I looks really cool.

I wish I could have stayed longer but my best girl, Ruby, needed someone to let her outside to do her "dog business" (Golden Retriever). I'd love to figure out a way for her to ryde along, but since the even the sight of my helmet scares her, I don't think she'll ever hop on the Spyder!

I can't wait to see the pictures of everyone on Scotty's tricycle. That was fun.

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

Default The Trike Photos

The tradition continues, if you go to Scotty's you must get your photo on the infamous Trike.

Tina (8Legs)

Mike (SomeGuy)

Dan (FireFly)

Bonnie (Bonno)

Tim (TMehaffey)

Chris (Tim's wife)
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Default Quick video of Scotty's Bikes

Spyder Garage

Default Couple of small clips from the gathering

Here are just two short clips of everyone not going to the back yard where it was all set up for us to have our gathering. LOL

In the second video you will see Brian at work on Tina's Triple Play. While at the AirZoo, Mike mentioned that he just happened to have brought his Triple Play along for installation too. hmmm So, that is what SpyderLovers do, they help each other. SpyderLovers are great folks. Thanks again Scotty and Nancy for being wonderful hosts and it was great to see everyone and meet those I have never met before. As Brian mentioned, we will have some details for another gathering in Late August, hopefully soon.

Spyder Garage

That last video reminds me of an average day on my "real" job. One guy working and six people standing around watching him and making fun of him.

Spyder Garage

That last video reminds me of an average day on my "real" job. One guy working and six people standing around watching him and making fun of him.
    You think that's bad, you should have had a government job like I did! Takes at least a dozen leaning on shovels to make the job go right.
    -Scotty

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry I missed your Tri State meeting. Would loved to have met eveyone. Maybe next time. I spent the day and night with my granddaughter (13mos) so it wasn't all bad. Riding that trike looked way beyond my abilities
    Dick

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

looks like you guys had a good time,too bad I couldn't have made it.spyder in the shop in all,I am hoping to get it back this next week keeping my fingers crossed.

Spyder Garage

Here's a few photos of some of the planes we saw at the Air Zoo, I'll post a few video clips when I get them loaded. It was kind of dark in there so not sure how well they turned out. These first 3 photos are of Brian in a model of a Mercury Space Capsule, those of you that know or have met Brian can only imagine how much room he had in there.

This first plane you could actually pay to go up in for real.

This is the one Brian wanted to see the most, I couldn't get it all in one picture and as I mentioned, it was dark in there.

Spyder Garage

Default Air Zoo videos

Here are the 5 short videos I took with my iphone while at the Air Zoo in Kalamazoo. The very last one even has a few old motorcycles under the plane.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    Sorry I missed your Tri State meeting. Would loved to have met eveyone. Maybe next time. I spent the day and night with my granddaughter (13mos) so it wasn't all bad. Riding that trike looked way beyond my abilities
    Dick
    No rides this time due to a bum carb; besides rides are always optional. We would only have forced you to sit and get your picture taken.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

My wife and I didn't have our Spyders with us because we stopped in Parma, MI (near Jackson) to look at some motorcycle dog trailers. This guy was in the business of manufacturing them when he lived in Bruce Crossing, MI but is now just selling off the two he has left. The blue one was sold to a couple that use it to take their greyhound with them. We were most interested in the black one but it was just a bit too short for our French Bulldogs. He made it for Yorkies so if anyone is looking for a dog trailer that has Yorkies or similar, the black one is still for sale! We are considering the tear-drop trailer. He still has some finish work left to do. The cargo trailer is also for sale.
    Last edited by Rando; 07-19-2009 at 06:02 PM.