Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm planning on making the trip. Wish some Indiana riders would tag along, but if not, I'll go solo.

Spyder Garage

For those who do not want to go to the Kalamazoo Air Zoo, or can't make it there that soon, we should be back at my place sometime about four, or a bit later, by my best guess. You are welcome to pull in the drive and make yourself at home in the backyard until we land. I'll PM my cell and my address to those who have posted the possibility of coming. Please let us know if you are trying to make it, so we can be sure and have enough food.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 8LEGS View Post
    I'm planning on making the trip. Wish some Indiana riders would tag along, but if not, I'll go solo.
    Glad to hear you are coming even if it is solo. think of it this way, once you get there you will be won't be solo any more. LOL
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Head count for attendees please......

Deb and I make two
    Scotty and Nancy are four
    Tmehaffey and wife make six
    I'm kinda counting on 8LEGS to make seven. Hopefully she can chime in with a definite "yes" or "no" by Friday night.

Any others? With the count, even just a maybe, we can know who to look for before we go anywhere and get an idea for the amount of grub.

someguy?
    FireFly?
    BRPJunkie?
    SpyderRyder810?
    Rando?
    Ksin?

I wonder if Director can make this? I'll PM the link to him.
    Tmehaffey just confirmed that they (Tim and Chris) will be there for the whole thing.

So our 7 definites, including Tina / 8LEGS, will make this a very nice get together. I'm really anxious to meet with you all and hang out.

Plus, it sounds like we have a chance to pick up a few more SpyderLovers once their plans get squared away.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

would love to ride up to there but spyder still in the shop,still don't know if it will be done in time for me to go on saturday.I am calling my dealer in the morning to find out when it will be done,will keep you posted.

Greg

Spyder Garage

Possibly 8 now since I'm counting on superfly3's dealer to get his Spyder fixed in time.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I booked a room at the days inn. (its 1 1/2 miles from Scotty's)
    So we are all set!
    We will see you at the air museum @ 1:00. (Is that eastern or central time?)

Happy Spyder Owner!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TMehaffey View Post
    So we are all set!
    Eastern Daylight Time.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TMehaffey View Post
    So we are all set!
    Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Eastern Daylight Time.
    -Scotty
    If you show up at 1 central time, we will be wandering around inside the air museum wondering, "Whatever happened to Tim and Chris?"

To let everyone know, after reading through what's available to see and do in the air museum (main and east campuses) I think I'll be wanting to spend at least 2 hours there and maybe up to 4 hours, closing time. Not sure what everyone else thinks about that, I'm not even sure what Debbie thinks about that. There are probably two of the paying rides (flight simulator, zero gravity) that I may want to try once I get there and see what it's all about. I also see that they have a cafe in the main campus that offers burgers, sandwiches and drinks if one wanted to grab a little something there.

I just wanted to put this our there so everyone could know my plans for the Air Zoo and also tell everyone that I consider this portion a "free flow", "casual" or "at your own pace" part of the get together so that no one feels obligated to hang out there or follow exactly what Debbie or I want to see and how long we want to see it. The tables may be turned and we may be ready to leave after an hour and some of you may want to stay 'til 5pm. No problem. I just don't want anyone to feel any pressure to stay in a group or feel condemnation if they want to do something different while there. I guess that if anyone stays at the Air Zoo until closing, the second part of the meet, at Scotty's, will be officially starting at 6 pm.

After saying all that, I'm ready for Saturday!!!

Spyder Garage

I'm going to try to make it to the Air Zoo, but I'm oncall this weekend and may have to work for a while on Saturday . I'm planning on being at the cookout. (most work problems are done by that time on Saturdays)

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    I'm going to try to make it to the Air Zoo, but I'm oncall this weekend and may have to work for a while on Saturday . I'm planning on being at the cookout. (most work problems are done by that time on Saturdays)

Spyder Garage

I agree about the time spent at the air-zoo. It takes quite a bit of time. You can also take a ride in an old Bi-plane for like $60 if you want!

Spyder Garage

Nancy and I plan to limit our time at the Air Zoo, so we will try to be back here at the house four-ish, or split forces and have one of us at each place for a short while. We can always go back to the Zoo another day. Like Brian, I figured supper for 6 PM or so, but it will actually be buffet style, so there is no schedule. We're keeping this thing loose as a goose.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Brian, I am surprised you decided on AirZoo when this is going on this weekend.

http://www.yankeeairmuseum.org/airshow/

Spyder Garage

The Air Zoo is pretty cool. I took a couple kids there a few weeks ago and we had a blast! The flight simulators are AWESOME! Fully articulated, you can do barrel rolls, loops, etc. You can even make yourself sick!
    There are 4 of them, each with a different plane: Japanese Zero, WWII Hellcat, F/A18 and another one that was closed that day, so I don't know what it was. The F/A18 was my favorite.

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

For those who do not want to go to the Kalamazoo Air Zoo, or can't make it there that soon, we should be back at my place sometime about four, or a bit later, by my best guess. You are welcome to pull in the drive and make yourself at home in the backyard until we land. I'll PM my cell and my address to those who have posted the possibility of coming. Please let us know if you are trying to make it, so we can be sure and have enough food.
    -Scotty
    I suspect that whatever you cook will be really good. Can you UPS/FedEx some to me, Scotty? Thanks in advance and have fun!

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Head count for attendees please......

Deb and I make two
    Scotty and Nancy are four
    Tmehaffey and wife make six
    I'm kinda counting on 8LEGS to make seven. Hopefully she can chime in with a definite "yes" or "no" by Friday night.

Any others? With the count, even just a maybe, we can know who to look for before we go anywhere and get an idea for the amount of grub.

someguy?
    FireFly?
    BRPJunkie?
    SpyderRyder810?
    Rando?
    Ksin?

I wonder if Director can make this? I'll PM the link to him.
    Thanks for thinking of me, Brian. We can't make it to this one, but hopefully the weather will be good for you.

Best regards,

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy

well just found out I won't be there my dealer is 2 or 3 days behind I called this morning and they havn't even looked at my spyder,was so hoping to be there,sorry guys may be next time,I am disapointed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post

My main objective is to see the SR71 Blackbird. I'm not so much a plane afficionado or air show groupie as I am interested in seeing the Blackbird.

Quote Originally Posted by superfly3 View Post
    well just found out I won't be there my dealer is 2 or 3 days behind I called this morning and they havn't even looked at my spyder,was so hoping to be there,sorry guys may be next time,I am disapointed.

Dang. Next time then....
    Last edited by bjt; 07-17-2009 at 06:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

Nancy and I plan to limit our time at the Air Zoo, so we will try to be back here at the house four-ish, or split forces and have one of us at each place for a short while. We can always go back to the Zoo another day. Like Brian, I figured supper for 6 PM or so, but it will actually be buffet style, so there is no schedule. We're keeping this thing loose as a goose.
    -Scotty
    Sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    The Air Zoo is pretty cool. I took a couple kids there a few weeks ago and we had a blast! The flight simulators are AWESOME! Fully articulated, you can do barrel rolls, loops, etc. You can even make yourself sick!
    There are 4 of them, each with a different plane: Japanese Zero, WWII Hellcat, F/A18 and another one that was closed that day, so I don't know what it was. The F/A18 was my favorite.
    I guess I'm really leaning toward riding those flight simulators.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I agree about the time spent at the air-zoo. It takes quite a bit of time. You can also take a ride in an old Bi-plane for like $60 if you want!
    No biplane rides for me, not at $60 anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Director View Post
    Thanks for thinking of me, Brian. We can't make it to this one, but hopefully the weather will be good for you.

Best regards,

Bruce

We'll try to keep you in mind for our Dairy Queen run to Sandusky, MI. I think thats happening in August or September.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post

The main jist of this started out to meet Baja Ron as he was going to be in Nashiville which isn't too far from Scotty and Battle Creek. Even though Ron is no longer coming to MI, the plans are already in motion and the AirZoo is only like 20 minutes from Scotty's house. It just makes sense. The show you are talking about is down in Ypsilanti and it would still be a ride to the BBQ at Scotty's afterwards. Kalamazoo is also closer for the Indiana and Illinois folks that have committed to come. And most importantly, Brian wants to go to the AirZoo for specific reasons.

Now the question, does this mean you and Bonnie aren't going to be able to make it on Sat.? We'd love to see you again and I still haven't seen Bonnie on her new spyder.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Not sure I can swing the air-zoo--- but I'll swing by Scotty's place and then hit the Taco-Bell car night with you guys.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Not sure I can swing the air-zoo--- but I'll swing by Scotty's place and then hit the Taco-Bell car night with you guys.

It'll be great seeing you again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    .... And most importantly, Brian wants to go to the AirZoo for specific reasons.

You got that right, dear.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I won't be able to make the Air Zoo , but will be able to make it to Scotty's house. What time should I plan to arrive? Anyways, you all have my cell # so in case you need to call me.

OH .... Shameless begging ...... Tonight when I got home from work my NMN Triple Play was on the porch. . If I would toss that in the trunk, you think maybe, just maybe .. someone might be able to um, assist in installing?

See you all tomorrow!