Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Saturday with(out) Bajaron

Any Michigan SpyderLovers want to meet up with bajaron this Saturday afternoon / evening in the Battle Creek area? Scotty did mention that we could meet at his house or at least down that way to make it easier for him and Nancy. bajaron will be at his family reunion that afternoon down in Nashville, MI. but would like to meet up with anyone who's game. dltang and I will be doing something (dinner, ride, visit, etc.) with Ron regardless. Let me know and Scotty can chime in for his level of commitment (BBQ, show off bike collection, go out to dinner, ride, etc.)
    Last edited by bjt; 07-16-2009 at 03:09 PM.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Hey, if it is not an imposition to folks, I'd be glad to throw something on the grill, show off the mess in the garage, and tell lies until none of us can stand it anymore. Give me an idea of numbers and time, and any special dietary needs/wants, and I'll be glad to host a get-together. We can even light a fire and sing Kumbaya if it drags into the evening. BTW, the trip from Nashville to BC on M-66 is straight and boring. For more fun take M-79 or Lacey Road west to M-37 and drop south. Just enough twisties and scenery to be interesting. Anybody who needs the address, PM me. We are close to I-94 on the south side of town.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Sounds great to me. Debbie and I will be there for sure, well almost for sure. I see the extended forecast has thunderstorms for Saturday. The local news is calling for those storms to be greatly dissipated by the time the front reaches Michigan. I sent the link to this thread to Bajaron so he'll know that we have plans for him. Can you PM me your street address Scotty so I can get it plugged into the GPS?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Sounds great to me. Debbie and I will be there for sure, well almost for sure. I see the extended forecast has thunderstorms for Saturday. The local news is calling for those storms to be greatly dissipated by the time the front reaches Michigan. I sent the link to this thread to Bajaron so he'll know that we have plans for him. Can you PM me your street address Scotty so I can get it plugged into the GPS?
    Done! Any other Michigan or Michiana ryders are welcome, too. Just let me know.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

I should be able to make it. It depends on the time since I'm oncall this weekend and I may have things to do because of that.

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    I should be able to make it. It depends on the time since I'm oncall this weekend and I may have things to do because of that.
    Hope you can make it. Timing depends on Ron's other commitment in Nashville. Probably will be left a little loose to accomodate anyone that wants to come. As soon as we pin it down, it will be posted here. I'm pretty flexible, since I don't seem to have to go anywhere...or ride home afterward. Any other Michigan or Michiana SpyderLovers are welcome, too.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Damn. I would love to but I will be at Muskegon Bike Time. Rain check for Cereal City Rally?
    "I <3 attention!"
    -DD

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Any other Michigan or Michiana SpyderLovers are welcome, too.
    -Scotty
    How about some Indiana spyders? I just found out I have Saturday off, I would like to meet some of you Michigan riders!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy

I wish I could go but I don't think my spyder will be out of the shop by then just went in yesterday, if it gets done by then I will let you guys know.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daddydarko View Post
    Damn. I would love to but I will be at Muskegon Bike Time. Rain check for Cereal City Rally?
    That depends on whether the Cereal City Rally flies. They lost a major sponsor, and Harley will not permit an alternate dealer to sponsor any event within so many miles of a dealership. ...from what I hear through the grapevine.
    -Scotty
    Quote Originally Posted by 8LEGS View Post
    How about some Indiana spyders? I just found out I have Saturday off, I would like to meet some of you Michigan riders!
    We would be honored to have you, Tina, and bring your Spyder friends.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Let me see how things go---- I'm dog-sitting this weekend---- pretty sure I can't fit 5 German Shepherds on my Spyder! But I might have enough crates for them so I can sneak out for a little bit!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Scotty,
    how long would it take me to get there from California?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'm dog-sitting this weekend...
    Sounds ruff.

"I <3 attention!"
    -DD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SSPSpyder View Post
    Scotty,
    how long would it take me to get there from California?
    Google Maps says 32 hours, if you average 70 mph! You had better get started...and don't bother to sleep along the way, you haven't got time.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daddydarko View Post
    Sounds ruff.

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

After getting a PM from Bajaron, how about we plan on meeting at Scotty's at around 3? He said he figured around 3 hours for his reunion activities. Then we can hang out for a while before having a cookout at around 6'ish. If the weather isn't cooperating, we'll have a backup plan of going to a relaxed restaurant where we can visit and eat. Debbie and I plan on going to the Kalamazoo Air Zoo at noon Saturday if anyone is interested in joining us there and then riding to Scotty's or to meet Bajaron after spending an hour or two at the Air Zoo.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by superfly3 View Post
    I wish I could go but I don't think my spyder will be out of the shop by then just went in yesterday, if it gets done by then I will let you guys know.
    Tell them to get with the program Greg, you have an important date in MI.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Would it be OK if Chris and I ran over from Illinois?
    It would be great to meet all of you!

Happy Spyder Owner!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TMehaffey View Post
    Would it be OK if Chris and I ran over from Illinois?
    It would be great to meet all of you!
    Oh absolutely!!! We can post it in the IL and OH forum's as well. We would love to meet you and any other riders that want to come. We just need to let Scotty know approx how many people to expect and we can always run to the store for more stuff.

Spyder Garage

Slight change of plans. Bajaron had something come up this morning and he can't get out of it so he won't be coming to Michigan for his reunion, thus he won't be here for a meet and greet at Scotty's. I am ready for this no matter what so if Scotty will still have us, I'd still make the trip. My plan will still be visiting the K'zoo air zoo at 12 or 1 pm, seeing the plane or planes that I want to see (mainly the SR71 Blackbird) and then head to Scotty's for food and fellowship. Are we all still in?

Since the variation in time to accomodate Ron's reunion is out of the mix, maybe we can all meet at the air museum (Nancy and Scotty too), take a tour of the facility and then head to Scotty's or a quiet restaurant. In celebration of their anniversary, admission is free to most everything except the special rides (flight simulator, 0 G ride, spacewalk, etc.)
    Last edited by bjt; 07-16-2009 at 03:08 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Slight change of plans. Bajaron had something come up this morning and he can't get out of it so he won't be coming to Michigan for his reunion, thus he won't be here for a meet and greet at Scotty's. I am ready for this no matter what so if Scotty will still have us, I'd still make the trip. My plan will still be visiting the K'zoo air zoo at 12 or 1 pm, seeing the plane or planes that I want to see (mainly the SR71 Blackbird) and then head to Scotty's for food and fellowship. Are we all still in?

Since the variation in time to accomodate Ron's reunion is out of the mix, maybe we can all meet at the air museum (Nancy and Scotty too), take a tour of the facility and then head to Scotty's or a quiet restaurant. In celebration of their anniversary, admission is free to most everything except the special rides (flight simulator, 0 G ride, spacewalk, etc.)
    We are still in if Scotty will have us.... the air zoo sounds great!

Happy Spyder Owner!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TMehaffey View Post
    We are still in if Scotty will have us.... the air zoo sounds great!
    We'll miss Ron but it looks like the plan is still coming together. We can plan on meeting at the Air Museum in Kalamazoo at noon. Here is the web site and it is free admission. http://www.airzoo.org/

When we are done there, it sounds like sloppy joes at Scotty's and looking over his bike museum. Good times, good friends and good Spyders. Scotty would like to go to a local car cruise that evening with the Spyders. So anyone that is up for it, please chime in and let's get a count.

If you can't be at the Air Zoo by noon, we will try and set a time to meet at Scotty's, I will let him chime in on that with directions to his house. He may want to PM those to anyone that is going to come.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    We'll miss Ron but it looks like the plan is still coming together. We can plan on meeting at the Air Museum in Kalamazoo at noon. Here is the web site and it is free admission. http://www.airzoo.org/

When we are done there, it sounds like sloppy joes at Scotty's and looking over his bike museum. Good times, good friends and good Spyders. Scotty would like to go to a local car cruise that evening with the Spyders. So anyone that is up for it, please chime in and let's get a count.

If you can't be at the Air Zoo by noon, we will try and set a time to meet at Scotty's, I will let him chime in on that with directions to his house. He may want to PM those to anyone that is going to come.

Air Zoo time update, we are going to meet at 1pm to allow a little extra travel time for any out-of-staters and let everyone grab a burger or something for lunch before we spend any time there.

Spyder Garage

Head count for attendees please......

Deb and I make two
    Scotty and Nancy are four
    Tmehaffey and wife make six
    I'm kinda counting on 8LEGS to make seven. Hopefully she can chime in with a definite "yes" or "no" by Friday night.

Any others? With the count, even just a maybe, we can know who to look for before we go anywhere and get an idea for the amount of grub.

someguy?
    FireFly?
    BRPJunkie?
    SpyderRyder810?
    Rando?
    Ksin?

I wonder if Director can make this? I'll PM the link to him.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Head count for attendees please......

Deb and I make two
    Scotty and Nancy are four
    Tmehaffey and wife make six
    I'm kinda counting on 8LEGS to make seven. Hopefully she can chime in with a definite "yes" or "no" by Friday night.

Any others? With the count, even just a maybe, we can know who to look for before we go anywhere and get an idea for the amount of grub.

someguy?
    FireFly?
    BRPJunkie?
    SpyderRyder810?
    Rando?
    Ksin?

I wonder if Director can make this? I'll PM the link to him.
    Haven't given up yet, but still working on fitting everything in on Saturday. Need to get it all squared away by tomorrow night, so will let you know then.