Thread: Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

My D.E.S.S. is G.O.N.E. Thank you jcthorne. By the way I had nothing to do with that rain that popped up after dark last night.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Really😲

I was sure you brought the rain... glad your D.O.N.E. with the whole DESS issue. Ryde with peace of mind..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Isn't it bad when we spend GOOD money and have to back door this tecno crap they shove down our throats as good technology, so we can ride in peace! Keep it stupid, simple!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Isn't it bad when we spend GOOD money and have to back door this tecno crap they shove down our throats as good technology, so we can ride in peace! Keep it stupid, simple!
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Navydad, who did you get to disable the d.e.s.s.? I live close to Cincinnati and would love to get it disabled before I have issues with it.
    thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RosieriderKY View Post
    Navydad, who did you get to disable the d.e.s.s.? I live close to Cincinnati and would love to get it disabled before I have issues with it.
    thanks
    PM sent.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Hmm, forgive my ignorance, but why would you disable it? I'm serious, isn't it designed to keep rubber side down?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don'tPanic View Post
    Hmm, forgive my ignorance, but why would you disable it? I'm serious, isn't it designed to keep rubber side down?
    I think you may be confusing DESS with VSS. DESS is Digital Encoded Security System. It's the system that requires you to use a key that is programmed into the ECM, Engine Control Module, in order to start a Spyder. Beginning in 2014 there have been problems with it preventing owners from starting their Spyder. Disabling it allows a non-chip key to start the Spyder. The Vehicle Stability System is the system that helps you keep the rubber side down!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I think you may be confusing DESS with VSS. DESS is Digital Encoded Security System. It's the system that requires you to use a key that is programmed into the ECM, Engine Control Module, in order to start a Spyder. Beginning in 2014 there have been problems with it preventing owners from starting their Spyder. Disabling it allows a non-chip key to start the Spyder. The Vehicle Stability System is the system that helps you keep the rubber side down!
    What he said
    2015 RT , Black