Spyder Garage

Default iPhone USB connect and charge?

I have an iPhone 8 and am attempting to plug in to the USB in the glove box. However, it is not being recognized. It acts as I didn’t plug it in at all. Also, is this connection supposed to charge the phone? It does not.
    I called BRP and they told me to try a different phone which I did, 2 others actually. No change.
    Then they told me to call the dealer who is 70 miles away. That looks like it will be my next step but I though I would ask here first.

Thank you for your help
    ba
    2019 F3-T
    Last edited by arachnyd; 09-03-2019 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Added model F3-T
    2019 F3T , titanium

Spyder Garage

Just a crazy thought, but make sure the phone likes your cord. IPhones can be fussy about 3rd party cords, so would confirm that before making a long trip.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arachnyd View Post
    I have an iPhone 8 and am attempting to plug in to the USB in the glove box. However, it is not being recognized. It acts as I didn’t plug it in at all. Also, is this connection supposed to charge the phone? It does not.
    I called BRP and they told me to try a different phone which I did, 2 others actually. No change.
    Then they told me to call the dealer who is 70 miles away. That looks like it will be my next step but I though I would ask here first.

Thank you for your help
    ba
    2019 F3-T
    Was the F3 running? If it was then check your fuses.

Spyder Garage

Cords can make a huge difference. While on a ride last month, mine started acting up. Sometimes wouldn't charge/detect the phone, then suddenly sometimes would. Finally tossed it, got a new cord, problem solved.
    2017 F3-L Intense red "Wings"
    Spyderpops Spyclops Light
    Tric LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Madstad Windshield
    Phoenix - Wrap My Spyder
    Lamonster Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Rich's Custom Seats
    2017 F3-L , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

thank you for all your suggestions.

i have tried
    -3 different phones
    -4 different cables

all the cables connect to power and itunes on my mac.

Bluetooth works, so i guess i will be fine with that playing music and look for a way to connect a USB/lightning cable directly to the battery so i can do a charge in the frunck. i learned a little more about BRPconnect in this process and am not totally sure i would use the apps while driving and others have said the USB charging is slow.

does anyone have a suggestion for a direct to battery interface to lightning?

thank you
    ba
    2019 F3T , titanium

Spyder Garage

i have tried
    -3 different phones
    -4 different cables

Bluetooth works, so i guess i will be fine with that playing music and look for a way to connect a USB/lightning cable directly to the battery so i can do a charge in the frunck. i learned a little more about BRPconnect in this process and am not totally sure i would use the apps while driving and others have said the USB charging is slow.

thank you
    ba
    Wire one of these to the accessory lead under the left service panel. Haas a 2.1 amp usb port for faster charging.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_0374.jpg

Spyder Garage

Greetings,

I just got done looking at purchasing a manual from brpmanuals.com and got to thinking maybe someone here already has the F3 manual and can tell me where the usb cable from the glove box connects to the system/power. In other words, where is the other end?
    It’s a long way to the dealer and I would hate to go because it wasn’t plugged in at the factory or something else I could do.
    I could not tell which fuse powers the usb.

Thank you
    ba
    2019 F3-T Liquid Titanium

“we are all products of those to whom we have chosen to listen”
    2019 F3T , titanium

Spyder Garage

Thank you for your help
    ba
    2019 F3-T
    i know this post is almost a year old, but the issue was fixed yesterday and i thought i would come back to report what happened.
    i have been waiting to have the dealer work on this until the 3000 mile service. then they could do everything at once. and they did.
    the problem with the BRP connect not connecting was a broken wire in the USB cable in the glove box. they replaced it and now the phone is recognized and launches BRP connect and it charges while plugged in.

i appreciate all the suggestions while trying to figure this out.

thank you
    ba
    2019 F3-T Liquid Titanium

“we are all products of those to whom we have chosen to listen”
    2019 F3T , titanium

Spyder Garage

i have tried
    -3 different phones
    -4 different cables

thank you
    ba
    Fused power 24/7 :bc:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

i know this post is almost a year old, but the issue was fixed yesterday and i thought i would come back to report what happened.
    i have been waiting to have the dealer work on this until the 3000 mile service. then they could do everything at once. and they did.
    the problem with the BRP connect not connecting was a broken wire in the USB cable in the glove box. they replaced it and now the phone is recognized and launches BRP connect and it charges while plugged in.

i appreciate all the suggestions while trying to figure this out.

thank you
    ba
    Luv yer handle! You will probably need to reset your fone from time to time. Apple devices do not play well with others.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey