Thread: remove ecu

Spyder Garage

Default remove ecu

where are the taps to push to remove the clamps from the ecu on a f3s can't find them? are they on the left or right of the clamps,what do they look like
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage
    2017 f3-s daytona , circuit yellow metallic

Spyder Garage

ok thank you
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ddjim View Post
    Wow.......did you create that, ddJim? Brilliant. I wish I had that when I tried to get mine off. After 2 hours of trying to release, I called the font of all knowledge (Peter Aawen), who helped me. Even so, without a picture, it still took another 30 minutes to figure it.......great job

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Wow.......did you create that, ddJim? Brilliant. I wish I had that when I tried to get mine off. After 2 hours of trying to release, I called the font of all knowledge (Peter Aawen), who helped me. Even so, without a picture, it still took another 30 minutes to figure it.......great job

Pete
    No its off the monsterfuelinjection website
    2017 f3-s daytona , circuit yellow metallic

Spyder Garage

That looks reverse of the way its on an F3. I remember the lock tabs in the front side but they are easier to find if you take the screws off first, pull the ECU out enough to turn it just enough to see them.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

When you get your ECU back...let us know your results.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    That looks reverse of the way its on an F3. I remember the lock tabs in the front side but they are easier to find if you take the screws off first, pull the ECU out enough to turn it just enough to see them.
    Yeah, AY. It does say in the instructions that the F3 has the flat side of the ECU pointing in, while the RT has the flat side pointing out. i.e. reversed........agree completely that unscrewing and turning the ECU makes the unfastening job soooooo much easier on an F3. That “reverse” between the RT and F3 does explain why I had so much trouble even with Peter guiding me.

Pete

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red