Spyder Garage

Default F3 slight braking on it's own

So I recently changed out my wife's F3 rear tire, have done some local rides everything was fine. This past weekend took a 325 mile ride on Sunday and halfway through the day when she would come to a stop the bike would automatic apply the brakes, it did it a few times and then on one occasion we pulled out to pass a car and the bike tapped the brakes again. She said her foot was not on the brakes and it did it a few more times before we return home mostly slow speed stuff. When the bike would automatically tap the brake there would also be a squeaking noise too?? I have no idea, gonna call dealer this morning and bring it in cause we are suppose to be leaving this weekend for a trip around the Great Lakes but might have to go in car if this doesn't get fixed. Do you think this has anything to do with rear tire? Could have dealer did something when they replaced the tire? I'm stumped??? Wondering if anyone else ever had this issue? Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Just a thought - you might check parking brake cable at rear wheel to make sure it is not adjusted too tightly. Very easy to check.

2014 Cognac RT Limited #185 (destroyed in T-Bone wreck 3/21/2014)
    2014 Cognac RT Limited #5333 (replacement 5/16/2014)
    2018 Champagne RT Limited #1002 (traded 1/31/2018)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by krazykat View Post
    Just a thought - you might check parking brake cable at rear wheel to make sure it is not adjusted too tightly. Very easy to check.
    Thanks, I will. I also checked ABS sensor just to make sure it was put back right or if it was loose.

Spyder Garage

Is there a pedal return spring, if it's broken the pedal weight could apply a bit of brake and activate the brake light.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderlass View Post
    Is there a pedal return spring, if it's broken the pedal weight could apply a bit of brake and activate the brake light.
    I'll check that too, Thanks! I have an appointment to bring it in tomorrow morning

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Could it be the nanny is out of kilter? Yesterday was the first time in 15K miles she fired the brake on me. I'm no longer what you call a hot rodder. I got nothing to prove these days. Been there and done all that.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Could it be the nanny is out of kilter? Yesterday was the first time in 15K miles she fired the brake on me. I'm no longer what you call a hot rodder. I got nothing to prove these days. Been there and done all that.
    Maybe?? maybe the nanny was in a mood?? we were in stop n go traffic for about 5 mins and it happened about 3-4 times in that time period, we were going maybe 5 mph. It just shouldn't be going on for everyday riding.