Spyder Garage

Default Upgrading Turn Signals for 2019 F3’s?

I looked at the various LED products from Spyderpops, Lamonster, Slingmods, and TricLED that includes the turn signal functionality for F3's 2018 and below. I’m aware the 2019’s does not have the turn signal integrated in the L/R side mirrors.

However, why is it difficult to develop a wire harness to work with the L/R wheel daylight running light with turn signal function and be operated by the switch on the handlebars? Is it because of the turn signals are connect to Controller Area Network?

BTW: Before anyone ask, I'm currently only looking at the 2019 F3L. Not interested in a 2018 or earlier. Also, I really the Lamonster LED Fog Light Ring Combo and, TricLED Upper Brow LED.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-10-2020 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Prefix & title

Spyder Garage

I don't know the exact details but this topic has been previously discussed in relation to additional wiring on MY '19 Spyders. It may be related to the Can Bus, don't recall, but BRP made some kind of change to the electrical system that makes it quite difficult to add certain kinds of farkle lighting and electricity is the weakest suit in my deck.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I don't know the exact details but this topic has been previously discussed in relation to additional wiring on MY '19 Spyders. It may be related to the Can Bus, don't recall, but BRP made some kind of change to the electrical system that makes it quite difficult to add certain kinds of farkle lighting and electricity is the weakest suit in my deck.
    Thanks for the reply JayBross. I found this thread that had a few discussions on the topic that helped: "Avoid the 2019 Spyder RT?"

Spyder Garage

This is my one major complaint of the new Spyder. I am going to be talking with Lewis at Electrical Connection to see if there is a way to make a relay that will drop out the white light when the signals are on. I'll let everyone know after I talk to him about it.
    2019 F3 Limited , Phoenix Orange Metallic

Spyder Garage

Thanks Nuke. This is very interesting.

Spyder Garage

Seems BUDS has been promoted to BUDSII for MY2019, which might not be such an "upgrade" on some areas.

Look for post #16 bellow:
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...3-changes-2019
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black Satin

Spyder Garage

Well it appears they moved the turn signal to the front fenders. You should be able to tap into the wire harness leading out to the fender.

Spyder Garage

You can get the parts from Can Am to put your turn signals back up on the mirrors. They are standard on all models shipping to Australia but in stock in the North American warehouses

Go to this website, https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/shop/...ts-iframe.html

Once there select 2019, then F3 Ltd SE6, then select 09 Body and Accessories Console.

There you will find the parts diagram which includes the mirrors. Zoom in and look for parts 1410 and 1420 then go to the list and pick your part numbers

good luck
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

I know you looked at Lamonster Garage, but you should call them and ask as I did see on Facebook where Lamount put the pre 19 mirrors with turn signal on a 19. He maybe working on a kit. If not he maybe able to tell you how to do it.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue