Spyder Garage

Default rs handlebar swap

can someone tell me exactly how much higher/back st and rt bars are than stock rs bars, i have searched and can't find exact inches on this, now that i think i have my dess fixed i am looking to change my 2015 rs bars to something more comfortable

Spyder Garage

Default Don"t know...

Do not remember seeing that information. There are risers for your RS that allow you to move up and back . There are videos and information on switch bars without having to extend the cables and hoses. I know the seating on the GS,RS,RSS and the ST and RT as well as the F3 are all different. The ST would be the next step up in comfort from the GS,RS,RSS...Hope some one has done some measuring and will let you know or you can find an ST to sit on....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

About 2" up and 2-3" back
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    About 2" up and 2-3" back
    is that st or rt? or are they the same?

Spyder Garage

I that measurement is for the raisers
    2009 GS SE5 , Red (Ferrari Red :) )

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haikanko View Post
    I that measurement is for the raisers
    2015 rs doesn't have risers

Spyder Garage

I have read on this forum that others have put the RT handlebars on a RS.

I have a black set from my RT that you can have free, but you would have to pay the shipping cost to you.

I do not know what the set back and rise would be, but do remember reading that those who did this were happy with the results
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

thanks for the offer, i would gladly pay shipping if i can find out for sure the height/pullback specs for the rt and st, some of the posts here say the rt will fit right on and at least 1 says you have to extend all the control wires, need to find out for sure, there are no dealers around here that know anything about spyders or with any bikes on hand to compare them

Spyder Garage

Here is a write up of doing this. He did not state the height/pullback difference, but you can try and contact him to see if he has that.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...handlebar+swap

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Here is a write up of doing this. He did not state the height/pullback difference, but you can try and contact him to see if he has that.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...handlebar+swap
    yes thats the one where he says you have to cut and splice about 36 wires, i don't want to cut the wires simply because i think its asking for trouble in time, i want the swap where you don't have to splice wires and st seems to be it but i can't find any specs on how much higher or back they are, or anyone that can tell me for sure.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bayoubill View Post
    yes thats the one where he says you have to cut and splice about 36 wires, i don't want to cut the wires simply because i think its asking for trouble in time, i want the swap where you don't have to splice wires and st seems to be it but i can't find any specs on how much higher or back they are, or anyone that can tell me for sure.
    There is another thread about using ST bars and on page 2 someone used RT bars. Nothing about splicing in wires, so I do not beleive that is required.
    If fact the fellow who did splice them stated he may not have needed to do that.

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I did st swap on my 13 RS. Much more comfortable. Don't know the rise . There is a cable tie you have to cut to get extra length but plenty of cable. Again i have sm5 and not se.
    I did hear rt was not a problem

Spyder Garage

There is another thread about using ST bars and on page 2 someone used RT bars. Nothing about splicing in wires, so I do not beleive that is required.
    If fact the fellow who did splice them stated he may not have needed to do that.
    if the offers still good i will pay postage if you just let me know, or i will just send you 20.00 if you think thats enough so you don't waste time with them.

Spyder Garage

if the offers still good i will pay postage if you just let me know, or i will just send you 20.00 if you think thats enough so you don't waste time with them.
    PM sent.

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

If my PM's are not getting through then send me your address as your last PM I did receive. These are boxes and ready to send. BTW - ground or faster?

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

If my PM's are not getting through then send me your address as your last PM I did receive. These are boxes and ready to send. BTW - ground or faster?
    got that one ,pm sent, ground is fine
    2015 rs

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have the Heli Bar riser on mine it raises them about 5 in. up and about 5 in. back
    makes for an upright seating position.
    AND you don't cut your stock bars plus there is plenty of cable all you do is cut some of the
    zip ties holding them. Spyder.jpg

can someone tell me exactly how much higher/back st and rt bars are than stock rs bars, i have searched and can't find exact inches on this, now that i think i have my dess fixed i am looking to change my 2015 rs bars to something more comfortable

Spyder Garage

The first picture is of the stock bars and the second picture is of the RT Handlebars.

20190718_075921.jpg

20190718_141633.jpg20190718_141633.jpg
    2018 F3 , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

You don't have to splice wires. Just follow his directions and we had plenty wire, you have to pull it and maybe cut the zip tie to get more wire pulled out. The wires are long since they use the same steering column. Make sure when you take ignition out not to use tiny spring that in there. You will have to get additional M10 bolts.
    2018 F3 , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by melodylala View Post
    You don't have to splice wires. Just follow his directions and we had plenty wire, you have to pull it and maybe cut the zip tie to get more wire pulled out. The wires are long since they use the same steering column. Make sure when you take ignition out not to use tiny spring that in there. You will have to get additional M10 bolts.
    yes i have already changed mine to the rt, i posted another thread with pics and a little more info on it. i did run in to a problem since mine is manual shift but worked around it.
    2015 rs