Spyder Garage

Spyder Great helmet with comm gear built in

Wife and I just picked up 2 new Spyder RT Limited. They are left over 2018 models in Champagne/chrome. Love them so far. Honestly quite different than 2 wheels which I rode a lot of in my younger days (Goldwings back when they were king of the road.)

Any riders have experience with communication gear that is part of a helmet from the beginning? I would want something that sounds good for tunes, works well for phone, and I can communicate with my wife since she is about 50 feet ahead of me all the time in our two rides so far.

Thanks in advance. I want to color match helmets. I understand some helmets with 360 degree view cameras are due out soon, but don't want to wait so will bite the bullet twice.

Spyder Garage

Most of youf sena or uclear equiped helmets can do that.
    2014 RS+ , Excel 8.8 and NGK plugs Currently pearl white, Aircraft gray after rivets installed

Spyder Garage

What is the consensus on best gear? I have no experience in many years on aftermarket accessories and appreciate any input.

Spyder Garage

Big fan of Sena gear. I have a pair of Sena 20 S EVO's and they work well.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The majority of Spyder riders use Sena. I find Uclear sounds better. Most of the newest headsets of any brand have Bluetooth Mesh Technology and are brand specific. The Mesh Tech makes it easy to talk to other riders that also have the same brand headset with Mesh Tech. Buy a pair as they are already set to paired to each other. The headsets can pair to the bike and other BT devices and Mesh Tech connect to other rider's same brand with Mesh Tech.

Go to this web site to get the 2019 operators manual as it has the missing BRP Connect instructions.
    http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...a-4b1bfbf3dd79
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sena are great for rider to rider communication but I have never had much luck pumping music through them. Music is always to low to be enjoyable at highway speeds.

Spyder Garage

I run a set of the cardo packtalk bold they are not integrated but do come with JBL speakers and have fantastic sound and great voice comms

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My wife and I have Schuberth helmets with the Schuberth SC1 Advanced comms. The battery and comms unit slide into slots either side of the rear of the helmet. People don't realize I am on the road so the audio is pretty darn good, I am an IT contractor and will discuss things with clients while touring. I just use the phone and GPS, chief cook is on the phone to our daughters or grandchildren, listening to Spotify, having her study notes recited via an app for 99% of the journey and talks to me the other 1%

Battery life has been excellent and makng sure you keep up the firmware updates ensures you remain trouble free.

The only thing I dont like is that the Garmin Audio is louder than any other, so you'll be in the middle of a phone call and "ding dong" will sound as if you have your head inside a church bell.. way too loud
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

We have tried a few different Bluetooth communicators and found the Cardo Packtalks with the Mesh technology to be the quietest and clearest intercoms of them all. Music and phone are just as quiet.

Steve

Spyder Garage

You can purchase NOLAN helmets with built in communicatiors (the Nolan N-com). IMO--they are not as effective as Sena.

All our helmets (6) are Nolans. One set has the n-com in them. We prefer the Nolans with the Sena's attached to them rather than the built in's.

For us, Sena is quieter and the direct line communication is about 1/3 longer than the n-coms.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Sena has the Sena Savage helmet with the Sena built in

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    Sena are great for rider to rider communication but I have never had much luck pumping music through them. Music is always to low to be enjoyable at highway speeds.
    When using bluetooth headsets there are a few ways to control volume. The phone has its own volume which should be up all the way. The headsets also have a volume which you can control and the bike's music is also controllable. For the newer 2018-19's, when you hear music you can control the volume with the joystick, but when the GPS gives you directions that is when you use the joystick to adjust that to a level you like. Separate from the music.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

contack Motorcycle Dave he can set you up with what ever you need he i a sponser of this site
    BAJARON SWAY BAR PLUS LINKS
    BAJARON SPACER
    ULTIMATE SEAT WITH GAS DOOR
    JT SHELF BAR
    SPYDERFLAP
    BUMPSKID
    XM RADIO
    POWER OUTLET
    LAMONSTER CUP HOLDER
    2015 RT LIMITED
    PIN STRIPPING BY MACK THE KNIFE
    RIVCO FLAG HOLDER
    SENA SM10 BLUE TOOTH
    LAMONSTER FBB HIGHWAY BRACKET WING BOARD BLK
    BPR TRAILER HITCH
    KRADELLOCK FOR THE GPS
    BIG BRAKE PEDAL BY TRICLED

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Dave here '
    your friendly neighborhood SENA dealer / Spyder Lovers Sponsor
    I am a full line dealer for just what you are looking for.... Give me a call
    I am also in California open 9:00AM to 8:00PM daily 209-887-3283
    I can save you money I am never undersold...
    Call me
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    Wife and I just picked up 2 new Spyder RT Limited. They are left over 2018 models in Champagne/chrome. Love them so far. Honestly quite different than 2 wheels which I rode a lot of in my younger days (Goldwings back when they were king of the road.)

Any riders have experience with communication gear that is part of a helmet from the beginning? I would want something that sounds good for tunes, works well for phone, and I can communicate with my wife since she is about 50 feet ahead of me all the time in our two rides so far.

Thanks in advance. I want to color match helmets. I understand some helmets with 360 degree view cameras are due out soon, but don't want to wait so will bite the bullet twice.