Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well Heck.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Threads like this really discourage me on a Spyder purchase. There are problems, and then there are problems, but holy smokes, this is scary.
    Really didn't mean to scare anyone. Just venting I guess. The good thing is it's a 2011 RT with 47,000 miles on it. Other than a 600.00 drive belt 2 1/2 years ago I've been lucky that this is all I've spent other than regular maintenance, tires and normal things. Coming from riding 5 Honda gold wings and other bikes since I was around 10 years old. I'm very happy with my spyder RT. I'm hopeing to one day own a 1330. Happy Trails My Friends, Ride Safe, Ride Often.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    Everything I've purchased from Cheapcycleparts has arrived promptly and been the same price as BRP's website. You have to pay shipping and tax though. Worth it if you're not doing warranty repair.
    They almost always have a free shipping code for over $99.00 on the header.

Spyder Garage

Not just a Spyder issue,it's BRP et all.Been waiting for a part for my2017 skidoo since last Dec. Backordered till Nov!!! So far! Not sure how this company survives,do like my rt tho!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Two cats View Post
    ..... You would think that you could get the parts when you need them. It's maybe getting time to sell the RT and get another Honda Goldwing. Or just get a camper and stop riding all together. Has anyone else had this problem? Happy Trails To all. Ride Safe my Friends.
    I couldn't agree more. and glad to hear you finally got your Spyder back.

Like others have mentioned, for me this brand has been the worst experience of any Motorcycle, Car, Commercial vehicle I have had the displeasure of dealing with in 40+ years. I really don't get it BRP, you want to sell product yet you **** in your nest with poor after sales support in almost every aspect ( I say almost cause there must be something done right.)

Whether its a perfect stranger or friend asking "whats the Spyder like?" I always tell it like I have experienced - "a great thing to ride when its behaving, have a problem and it gets expensive and if you need anything more than oil or air filter, you're going to have to wait for parts an exorbitant amount of time, at prices that will make your eyes water and wallet empty"

I've just spent some big $ on new shocks etc after deciding I won't ever update to another model as its too big a risk. When the RTL is due for replacement I'll hunt down something like a GW too.
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

They all have that problem. When I had my shop in the early I was always waiting on parts from one company or another. I soon learned ways to get my parts sooner, but it was always a hassle.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze