GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Question Digital Dash Firmware Versions

I have searched for this, extensively … even asked in some of the FB pages. Does anyone recall the progression of firmware versions for the Digital Dash? I could have sworn that my selling dealer had to trailer my F3 Ltd to a sister dealer (with an experienced tech) to upgrade the dash from 13.2 to 19.? … and I am sure that I saw that 19.? in the ABOUT info for the dash at one point. Recently, had my 3K service and asked for the "dash update" … silly me, I should have specified 20.8. Well, guess what … I am now at 13.2 … grrrr! Have informed the servicing dealer (also the sister dealership that did the initial dash update right before delivery). Would certainly like to tell them what version they "overlaid" with an extremely old version and, also, make sure they select 20.8 and get it properly loaded.

So … 13.2, 19.? … 20.8 …. is that about right?

Thanks …. Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

When they came out in 2018 it was 11.20 then 12.20 then 13.20 Latest update is 20.8
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Are these "updates" available/applicable to all years of Spyders?
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder_Cowgirl View Post
    I have searched for this, extensively … even asked in some of the FB pages. Does anyone recall the progression of firmware versions for the Digital Dash? I could have sworn that my selling dealer had to trailer my F3 Ltd to a sister dealer (with an experienced tech) to upgrade the dash from 13.2 to 19.? … and I am sure that I saw that 19.? in the ABOUT info for the dash at one point. Recently, had my 3K service and asked for the "dash update" … silly me, I should have specified 20.8. Well, guess what … I am now at 13.2 … grrrr! Have informed the servicing dealer (also the sister dealership that did the initial dash update right before delivery). Would certainly like to tell them what version they "overlaid" with an extremely old version and, also, make sure they select 20.8 and get it properly loaded.

So … 13.2, 19.? … 20.8 …. is that about right?

Thanks …. Ann
    Ms Ann,

My 2018 RTL had the lowest number I've ever heard of on it, my firmware revision was 10.5 when I took ownership. It had all the issues ever reported. They said the bike didn't show a need for updating, so I told them I was going to turn it into a warranty claim because the trip numbers (MPG and Speed) weren't working, along with miles to empty on the left side of the screen. Thant prompted them to move on it and install 20.8.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Revalden View Post
    No. These 'updates' only apply to the 2018 & on Spyders with the 'new Digital Dash'. So all the earlier Spyders should be fine..... well, apart from the DESS problem, & the valve tim..... OK, you get the picture anyway, don't you?!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Revalden View Post
    To further what Peter said, there *may* be software updates available for your bike but this thread is talking specifically about updates for the digital dash on most of the 2018 and newer models.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited