Spyder Garage

Default Brake Diving and flash update

Since the first day with my new 5 miles on the speedo 14 RT, when I get on the brakes, it sort of dives to the left and I have to correct. Not a serious dive, just a little dive. Still doing it. I have had laser alignment done twice at Pittbull Powersports, Bajaron Sway bar, Elka shocks all around. Next week I'm changing brake pads, maybe that's it.. Anyone else have the same thing happen and how it might be fixed...

Just as an update on the ECU flash, I will now need a rear tire much sooner. I have a new tire but when I take off now, if I don't remember to 'ease' the throttle on, the back tire spins. Kumho tire as recommended on the site here. Yesterday I went for a run up the interstate toward Shreveport and several times looked down and I had crept up really close to triple digits. I was actually just keeping up with flowing traffic. Lots of open country without tax collectors. So the ECU flash was a good thing. Sort of... Still about 30 miles per gallon. Top tier premium fuel of course.

Spyder Garage

Could be, some grease or oil got onto the right disc. Give both discs a good cleaning with brake cleaner or alcohol. When replacing pads, Lightly sandpaper them on a flat surface and bevel the leading edges a bit.
    I hope this helps. Let us know.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

The pulling to one side has been fairly common. If you're changing brake pads you'll likely get it sorted. Two things to get right re the pulling: exercise the caliper pistons by pumping them out (not too far!) and compressing them back in a few times and clean the pad sliding areas of the caliper at each end. They corrode because the pad backing plate is steel and the caliper is aluminium alloy. Lubricate these slide areas with a drop of high melting point grease. There are special greases available for this purpose but I've not found them to be better than the HT grease. Others feel differently, I know.

Spyder Garage

I had the slight pull to the left from day one and everything I tried didn't completely clear it. At 25,000 miles I recently installed EBC pads and the issue has vanished. I can't speak for your ride, but it fixed mine.
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My 2017 RTL was a ball joint, replaced under warranty, but took the dealership 30 odd days to diagnose it because the head mechanic said .... "Buds says everything is alright...."
    2017 RTL , White