Spyder Garage

Default Check engine light with P2530

Good morning all.
    Was riding to work this morning on my 2018 F3S and had the check engine light pop on with a code P2530. Any ideas on what I’m facing when I head to the dealer? It’s under warranty but I’d like to know what I’m in for.....
    Thanks in advance.
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage
    Spyder RT LTD 2018 SE6 ASPHALT GREY METALLIC - DARK EDITION( Wife)
    Spyder F3T 2016 LTD Black Special Édition
    French Spyder Forum
    SpyderTeam Rive-Sud MTL

Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/spyderteam/
    Twitter
    https://twitter.com/SpyderTeam_ca

Spyder Garage

If you or someone else has done some work in the handlerbar ignition switch area. The plug into the ignition switch may be loose. But most likely a defective ignition switch and it needs to be replaced.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies so far folks. No recent work done (put a power plate on from Lamonster when I bought it last year). I'm guessing it's an ignition switch. One dealer in my area is 3 weeks out before they can even diagnose. Got a call in to the other now and am waiting on a call back.
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

Well, ended up going with the other dealership in my area. They are only backed up a week so I guess that’s not so bad. Also having them check into the brake vibration at hiway speeds. I’m sure they will tell me BRP won’t cover that. Having them install a new rear tire while they have it. 6,000 miles and there’s nothing left of the factory Kenda... I’ll post back with the results when I hear. Thanks again for everyone’s advice!
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

So an update.. Dealer had the bike for a week and won’t do anything because the code is not currently set. They’ve contacted BRP for assistance at my request to see if they have any directions for diagnosis. Seems simple enough, whatever modules watch the ignition switch didn’t like what they saw and set a code. Check the circuits for proper pin tension and if ok replace the switch. Does anyone have the trouble tree for this code and schematic they would be willing to share? Looks like I’ll have to proceed myself...
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

Further update to report. After contacting BRP technical assistance and discussing with them the dealer emailed me a bulletin BRP sent to them. Turns out the code description is wrong, the item to be checked is actually the shutoff switch on the right side bar. The switch should be replaced even if no fault is found due to the highly intermittent nature of the fault. The dealership ordered a switch this morning and I’ll report back when it’s fixed.
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by frj322 View Post
    Further update to report. After contacting BRP technical assistance and discussing with them the dealer emailed me a bulletin BRP sent to them. Turns out the code description is wrong, the item to be checked is actually the shutoff switch on the right side bar. The switch should be replaced even if no fault is found due to the highly intermittent nature of the fault. The dealership ordered a switch this morning and I’ll report back when it’s fixed.
    Thanks for keeping us updated. I looked it up in BUDS2 to see what it said. BRP is correct the fault description does not match the possible causes and service procedures. Now your dealer would have seen that if they had of plugged their laptop in and read what it said. Even if the code is intermittent. The code would have been stored as occured.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Final resolution for my concern, picked up the bike yesterday after the dealership replaced the shutoff switch on the right side bar. All is well after riding about 125 miles.
    Total time in shop, exactly 3 weeks...
    Thanks to all who replied.
    2018 F3S , Black