Spyder Garage

Default Feeling of more power from a 19 f3-t vs a 19 f3-ss

Drove both of these two machines and noticed or at least seem to be that the t had more low-end power and definitely more Mid - range power. The t was very snappy. I I do believe that the t
    and The limited have a smaller rear pulley which I assume would make it snappy rat lowen and definitely mid-range power am I correct or am I wrong.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by snowdevil View Post
    Drove both of these two machines and noticed or at least seem to be that the t had more low-end power and definitely more Mid - range power. The t was very snappy. I I do believe that the t
    and The limited have a smaller rear pulley which I assume would make it snappy rat lowen and definitely mid-range power am I correct or am I wrong.
    What mode were you driving each in? That would make a difference.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcraig View Post
    What mode were you driving each in? That would make a difference.
    The SS was in sport mode and the t has no sport mode, and there was a big difference . Does can am have a break in mode in the ecm like skidoo has for the first 500 miles

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by snowdevil View Post
    Well I have a 2016 F3 L and I can tell you that it has the larger rear sprocket and it will run circles around the 2017, 2018, and 2019 F3L and T. So that small sprocket just turns those newer models into RTs.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default Have to agree....

Sprocket size and different modes will make a difference.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Well I have a 2016 F3 L and I can tell you that it has the larger rear sprocket and it will run circles around the 2017, 2018, and 2019 F3L and T. So that small sprocket just turns those newer models into RTs.
    FYI, the 2017/18 F3-T's have the 89T rear Sprocket. The 2017/18 F3 base and Limited have the 79T Sprocket.
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Ditto. Or non_us models. Here is a parts listing for the 2016 F3T.
    sprocket2016.jpg
    Ditto. Here is a parts listing for the 2019 F3 all models.
    sprocket2019.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

That's nice, but the OP was talking about two new 2019s not your old 2016s.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    That's nice, but the OP was talking about two new 2019s not your old 2016s.
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. it was just an observation by the seat of my pants and that's why I thought if the t has a smaller sprocket I would assume at low and mid-range would be where that power would really be and what you would feel in your pants wear a f3 s or a s s have the bigger sprocket which will give you a much higher top end but you lose a hair at low and mid-range.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2016 F3-Ltd with the larger rear sprocket. Your thinking is on the right track but you have your ratios backwards. The larger rear sprocket will give you more torque, quicker acceleration and higher RPM at cruise. The smaller rear sprocket will give you less torque, slower acceleration but lower RPM at cruise. Get the ECU reformatted, and have some fun. It made mine come alive! I only have the stage 1 but that's all I need to have fun.
    Life is attitude, be positive!

Spyder Garage

Yeah , I was ass backwards on that. Thanks for the info guys.