Spyder Garage

Default GPS Update still showing old Spyder Dealer location?!

I have a Garmin Zumo 590 on the Spyder. There was another map upgrade today. After upgrade, I checked the address it was showing for the local Spyder dealer. They moved to a new location at least 5 years ago. 5 years. They are still showing the old address. If I followed the directions, I'd wind up at least two miles south of where they actually are. Why their location has never been changed, I haven't a clue.

Spyder Garage

BRP stopped updating the Zumo dealer list file after the MY2018 Spyders came out with the new electronic dashboard. I b****ed about it to BRPCare and was told they weren't going to continue to update the file. Was also told if on the road and trouble strikes, call 888-272-9222, give them the Zip Code of your location and they would give you the address of the nearest BRP dealer.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Some times the left hand and the right hand have a problem getting together.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    BRP stopped updating the Zumo dealer list file after the MY2018 Spyders came out with the new electronic dashboard. I b****ed about it to BRPCare and was told they weren't going to continue to update the file. Was also told if on the road and trouble strikes, call 888-272-9222, give them the Zip Code of your location and they would give you the address of the nearest BRP dealer.
    Thanks Marine. Not that I have any thought of going to the dealer for anything. Too many good shops around here that work on Spyders for a lot less then the dealer.

Spyder Garage

The closest Spyder, and multiple brand dealership, to me with an excellent service department, four miles away, was sold and the acquiring dealership did not pick up the BRP line -- a real PITA as the dealership I purchased from, also with a superior Spyder tech, is 90 miles away.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    JayBros: Thanks for the information. I called the 888 number to find out if it was a 24/7/365 number. It isn't; it's a BRP general number and while they could provide me with the nearest dealer information, they would not be helpful after business hours, weekends and holidays. However, I did ask how I could find out where the nearest dealer is at any time and was provided with the number to BEST (866-477-1415).
    I called BEST and asked if they would provide the nearest dealer information to someone who does not have a BEST warranty and is in need of assistance. I was told absolutely yes.

Thanks again JayBros for making me think about not having a BEST warranty and suffering a mechanical issue far away from home. I now have 2 numbers to call depending on time of day, etc.