I have used this forum to correct every issue (or what I thought was an issue) on my 2008 GS. I thoroughly love this bike. I was riding and parked it in my shop and it sat for about 5 days before I was able to ride again. Started it up and it threw the orange engine light and "Check DPS" was flashing on the screen. When I pulled the codes I get PO551 and PO552 which I understand are indicating both a short and a ground. After looking through all of the threads I have made sure that all of my connections to the battery and to the terminals under the seat are tight. I also swapped out the R3 relay with the Duralast part number that LaMonster was indicating. I also made sure that the battery was connected to the tender and it is indicating full charge. Although, the battery took some charging before it got there. The steering is not affected as it is the same as before the error showed up and other than the code flashing across, runs the same as it did. Some of the threads indicated that they changed the battery even when it showed good and it fixed the problem. I disconnected my battery and left it disconnected for about 10 minutes and then reconnected the terminals just to see if it would reset. My question is, since the steering seems unaffected and its not in Limp Mode and the battery is showing full charge, should I change the battery anyway (only 2 years old) or take it to the dealer and have him put it on BUDS? I appreciate any advice.

Gary