Spyder Garage

Default Soon time to sell and buy a Spyder, but I will miss it.

I've owned my Ryker 900 for a few months and only put on a little over 500 miles (due to my work schedule and knee surgery) but the bug has bit me that quickly.
    I plan on paying it off next week, waiting for the title and putting it up for sale (even though the 2020 is coming out shortly.) After experiencing it for just that short time I would like to purchase a
    Spyder F3 or F3 S. BRP hit it on the nail head with me. For what little I rode, I would like something bigger. Yes, I know there are + and - to this
    but everybody is different. I love the fun of this machine and will miss it but I cannot afford the best of both worlds.

Spyder Garage

Good luck on the sale...and if you're serious on moving to an F3, iMotorsports just posted some darn good prices on 2018 models.
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Good time to buy new 2019 F3 any model as the new 2020 will be in soon look at this sale going on now at Imotorsport https://www.imotorsportsinc.com/defa...=can-amhttp://
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Default There you have it....

Hope all is healing well and you will be out there soon. It is about your comfort and enjoyment and if you find what you have is not meeting your needs by all means move on. Ryker, F3 and RT are all that are left from the BRP line up and each is different. Good luck with the sale and purchase and we will see you out there....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

CB199774-6101-4325-8235-A92DBAFBF22F.jpgI think leaders has better deals
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 08-27-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Who is leaders????
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for information and understanding. Who knows, maybe something will come up and I will be able to have the best of both worlds.

Spyder Garage

Hello Hartster,
    good decision. I drive an F3-S and couldn't imagine another model. Besides, I personally don't like the Ryker, it's too small for me.

Spyder Garage

Dunno about how it's all panning out over there, but at least in some parts of this country (yeah mate, I do mean Aus-trail-ya - you know, the Great Southern Land, Down Under, the place with all the Kangaroos & Kooaarla Bears! ) the hype & hoo-hah generated by the arrival of the Rykers has seen a bit of a boom in the sales of older/2nd hand Spyders - it seems that quite a few people see the Rykers & altho they really like the 3-wheels with 2 up-front thing, they think the Rykers are a bit small & plasticcy.... so they end up looking at Spyders, only they don't really wanta spend the dollars it takes to get onto a brand new ryde (& that new 'digital dash' thing puts off quite a few too! ) and quite a few end up doing a pretty good deal on an older Spyder, especially the optioned up models! They can end up paying no more than the same sorta $$ they would for a Ryker, but instead of going new they're sinking it into a used 1330 RT or F3 - and if the Spyder concerned is still in good nick with the 'right' options & the mods they're after, some of them are getting onto a V-twin, sometimes for even less $$! According to some dealers, their sales of well presented older Spyders are apparently out-stripping their sales of new Spyders and Rykers combined, they just can't get enough of them!

Now I'm not saying the market's the same over there, but maybe an older 'lightly used' Spyder could be just the ticket for you, Hartster? There are already a few fairly attractively priced but older Spyders in the For Sale by Owners threads here, maybe your future ryde is in there just waiting for you to find it?? And I wouldn't necessarily ignore any of the V-twin models either, any of them can still be a great ryde for very reasonable $$. As always, you've just gotta do your homework....

Over to you... and Good Luck!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-28-2019 at 07:40 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post
    Who is leaders????
    A dealer in Kalamazoo mi

Spyder Garage

I like my Rally. That Said I would love a F3 series. Rally paid for but understand trade in Value not good?
    Last edited by Miles42; 09-05-2019 at 05:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Spyder Garage

I still owe $340 on mine. The dealer I bought mine from will give me $8000 for trade and will sell me the 2019 F3 they have in their training program for $13,400 so I think that is a decent trade-off.
    Still comes with the 2 year warranty. So this is an option for me I just might take. They have the 2020 Ryker in stock. My 900 is the same in price but the Rally edition went up $500. They had the Rally on display for $11,499
    but the 900 and 600 were not on the showroom floor.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hartster View Post
    I still owe $340 on mine. The dealer I bought mine from will give me $8000 for trade and will sell me the 2019 F3 they have in their training program for $13,400 so I think that is a decent trade-off.
    Still comes with the 2 year warranty. So this is an option for me I just might take. They have the 2020 Ryker in stock. My 900 is the same in price but the Rally edition went up $500. They had the Rally on display for $11,499
    but the 900 and 600 were not on the showroom floor.
    My dealer has f3 with 0 miles for not much more F99B5DDB-C117-4F34-A86A-E0DF5B0B0D94.jpg