Spyder Garage

Default Ryker Rally Questions

I just got my Ryker Rally and I had a few questions, that I was looking for some with.

1. I noticed that the frunk/glove box area gets really hot. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to help with that? I am not expecting the the heat to go away completely, but was hoping someone had a suggestion on how to help with that, since I would like to use to hold my phone and a few other small things.

2. Does anyone have any recommendations on locks for the frunk/glove box? I would just like to make it a bit more secure if I put items in there when I am not with the bike.

3. I am looking for an adjustment tool for the front shocks. I have done some research on here and have looked through the owners manual and the shop manual i purchased, but I was not able to find what size tool to buy. I saw where this tool was recommended https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ner-wrench-kit. Will this work on the front shocks of the rally? or is there a specific size that I need? or is there a better recommendation?

Thanks for the help and the recommendations!

Spyder Garage

For a frunk lock look at this thread: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ker-Frunk-Lock

Spyder Garage

I am not sure if there is much room in the "frunk" for insulation, but you could try some of the thin insulation on a roll that is made with a thin bubble wrap, sandwiched between two aluminum foil sheets. That would take up less space than other insulation. I am not sure how much room there is on the bottom of the frunk container because I have not taken mine out yet. It may be possible to coat the bottom side, rather than the interior. Just suggestions. You can't get much in it right now, so if you took away from the space with insulation, you would have very little left.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobil-F3 View Post
    For a frunk lock look at this thread: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ker-Frunk-Lock
    thanks for the link, I will def look into this one

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
    I am not sure if there is much room in the "frunk" for insulation, but you could try some of the thin insulation on a roll that is made with a thin bubble wrap, sandwiched between two aluminum foil sheets. That would take up less space than other insulation. I am not sure how much room there is on the bottom of the frunk container because I have not taken mine out yet. It may be possible to coat the bottom side, rather than the interior. Just suggestions. You can't get much in it right now, so if you took away from the space with insulation, you would have very little left.
    thanks for the suggestions, I will def look at these as options

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The front shocks on the Rally can be adjusted by hand. Just take a bit of weight off the front (with a jack) and turn the collar/spring with your hand. I softened mine 1 level (2 I think) from stock.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    The front shocks on the Rally can be adjusted by hand. Just take a bit of weight off the front (with a jack) and turn the collar/spring with your hand. I softened mine 1 level (2 I think) from stock.
    Thanks, that sounds like it will make it easy to adjust

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    Mine appear to be at the stiffest setting BUT I just went out to the garage and Took a little pressure off the shock to lifting the wheel off the ground and nothing is moving by hand?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
    The whole glove box comes out pretty easy, you could insulate the back side. One of these might help for the shock adjustment. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=shock+adj...l_8757akhuok_b
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tthuss View Post
    I just got my Ryker Rally and I had a few questions, that I was looking for some with.

1. I noticed that the frunk/glove box area gets really hot. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to help with that? I am not expecting the the heat to go away completely, but was hoping someone had a suggestion on how to help with that, since I would like to use to hold my phone and a few other small things.

2. Does anyone have any recommendations on locks for the frunk/glove box? I would just like to make it a bit more secure if I put items in there when I am not with the bike.

3. I am looking for an adjustment tool for the front shocks. I have done some research on here and have looked through the owners manual and the shop manual i purchased, but I was not able to find what size tool to buy. I saw where this tool was recommended https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ner-wrench-kit. Will this work on the front shocks of the rally? or is there a specific size that I need? or is there a better recommendation?

Thanks for the help and the recommendations!
    maybe try this https://www.amazon.com/Design-Engine...01530774&psc=1

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Winnex3 View Post
    Looks like all I would need to do with that is take the glove box out wrap it underneath and put back in
    Great suggestion
    I'm still new to Ryker so I'm still learning all the Tricks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Winnex3 View Post
    Has anyone tried this on their glove box? Would like to know how it worked out for you if you have

Spyder Garage

I know this is an old thread but I'm going to try to change my front shock setting. Has anyone else been able to adjust these by hand?
    Last edited by McRuss; 09-26-2019 at 07:37 PM. Reason: not direxcted to the right person
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes. Used a jack to remove some pressure off the front suspension (tires were not off the ground), grabbed the spring and turned by hand.