Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

The pin-striping is very nice. I can see the glitter - yes, the pictures are many times not what we see with our eyes. I bet it looks cool together.
    2017 RT Limited Asphalt Grey with Lamonster RT Spyder Cuff; Lamonster FBB Highway Bracket; Kuryakyn 7597 ISO Trident Pegs; RoadSport Big Mudder Extreme, Magic mirrors, Airhawk R, plastidipped Frunk, Ram Mount Universal X-Grip IV Large, FZ-1 fuze block, Dual USB charger, BajaRon Sway Bar, Black Powder Coated RT Dash Mount Bracket

Spyder Garage

Your shop conditions need to be ideal for one, 72 degrees at least, no dust, no humidity....then, you need to let the clears cure for 24 hours and let them set up, I have had horrible wet coats turn out fine just waiting them out with the dip. And when curing, crank the heat in the shop, it cures well in heat, and then COOL IT....

Lastly, I have used the Flex Seal product too, they dont have the color or pearl options, but its a great seal product and applies quite nicely.

The big thing with dipping, you get to play, especially on panels, take it off, peel it, dip it again until you get it right.

Good luck....
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by INfox View Post
    johnsimion, I like your red wheels and the blue and red accent striping on your bike. Did you dip your wheels? Is the red reflective striping holding up? Where did you get it?
    The wheels are painted red. The guy who does alloy wheel repair did them for me. And BTW do not even try to put on the wrap that Wrap My Spyder sells for these. I bought it and tried it for about 5 minutes and realized there is NO WAY you can do a decent job with that stuff on wheels like mine (may be great on other wheels, but on RTS wheels the pieces are too small to work with). The blue on the wheels is rim tape that I bought off Amazon and I just did it in sections. That was easy. The blue lug nuts are "Colorlugs." The Colorlugs are simply vinyl covers that fit over your existing lugs. I love Colorlugs and have them on all my cars with exposed lugnuts. Cheap and easy to clean. You do have to have the tweezers they sell in order to pull them off, but that's a $2.00 item.

The red striping comes from various sources. The stripes on the hood come from a roll of red metallic reflective safety tape I had in the garage. I just cut them out using an Xacto and a yardstick. I also put some of that tape on my floorboards and below the license plate. I did lots of surface prep and cleaned everything with alcohol first, and it was really easy to apply -- but after two years it is all starting to come loose. I think it's just not the right stuff for the job but it cost essentially nothing and will be easy to replace.

I already posted about my troubles with the frunk decal so will not repeat here.
    2017 RTS , Blue