Thread: Handlebars

Spyder Garage

Default Handlebars

Thinking about getting the tri axis handlebars. Has anyone done it and do you think it is worth it?

Thanks Pete

Spyder Garage

I know they are pricey, and I have not done it, haven't felt the need, But this is important,
    everyone that reports on them , LOVES them. Now this might just be because they don't want to admit
    they wasted their money, but I think they really love them.
    Wish they came from the factory. OH, be sure and look in the "for sale" section on this site, I see them show up there sometimes.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

What are you riding I may have just what you need.
    Dave
    209-887-3283
    motorcycledave@mac.com

Quote Originally Posted by tugskipper View Post
    Thinking about getting the tri axis handlebars. Has anyone done it and do you think it is worth it?

Thanks Pete

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the response

Spyder Garage

Hello I have a 2016 rt limited

Spyder Garage

Thank You. I am hoping to chat with a few people before getting them and discovering that they don't make the ride a little more comfortable for me. I have had some injuries so I am just searching at this point. If you have a pair about what would you want for them

Spyder Garage

I had them installed as part of the OTD deal with the Comfort Seat because of my size and arm length. They were worth every penny.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Thank you

Spyder Garage

Went one year with OEM, after a very long ride (2 straight days of highway riding), hands and arms started feeling cramped. Went ahead and got the Tri-axis bars. Expensive-yes, worth every penny (besides what some people that haven't had them may say.) I was able to adjust them at a stop until I have the "perfect" placement of bars. They adjust in height (up/down) and rotate out/in. The different positions are almost endless. And the great part is that if I have a friend (or God forbid when I sell my RT) They can easily be adjusted to the next person. Like the BajaRon Sway bar, The tri-axis bars are something you will wish you had put on sooner! Safe Ryding.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Only two minor negatives about them that I have encountered. First, once you find the most comfortable position you will change them very seldom after that. Makes one think it would have been good to be able to set the bars to that position without paying for the feature to adjust them anytime you want, but that's not possible. Second, as you move the bars farther back the the grips pivot inward so you have to to bend your wrists more to the outside to keep your hands somewhat perpendicular to the grips. Not a big deal, but it may limit how much you want to move the bars toward you. Think how you turn your wrists as you grip a stick that is pivoting around the inner end.

Would be nice if they were cheaper, but the comfort is worth it. You can sometimes find a good deal on eBay. Don't worry about warranty. There's nothing on them that is ever likely to break!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Had them on our 2014 RT and I did my own install. Found a great price on Ebay, so I had less then 1/2 into them compared to having a dealer install. After having them I would not have an RT without them even if I did have to pay a dealer to install.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I opted for short reach bars got them on Amazon for $105. peace of cake to swap out and big improvement in comfort. I also have a Rox 2" riser.
    '
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    <snip> once you find the most comfortable position you will change them very seldom after that.<snip>!
    Makes me think that they should be a fitting tool - go to the dealer, sit on a Spyder, adjust the tri-axis bars to the right position, and buy a plain-'ol handlebar to mimic that position.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Pete
    Yes and yes
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I have the tri axis and absolutely believe it is worth it and not a waste of money. I am much less fatigued and my back no longer pains me from leaning forward on the straight handlebars. I purchased it on ebay for $500 and the dealer installed it for $350. BRP lists it at $669. I think I did well price wise. Ride wise I did fantastic.

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well worth it...I would not be riding today if I hadn’t purchased! Didn’t eliminate but did relieve my shoulder pain.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Thanks Pete
    Yes, do not regret it. Yes, worth every penny.
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Thanks Pete
    Mr. tugskipper,

I couldn't ride as much without them. I've got some damage as well, plus I'm kind of short so the reach is what kills me. I had the dealer install 2 options that allowed me to ride long distance again. Combined the adjustable driver backrest and the Tri-Axis bars, that allowed me to keep all my broke junk in alignment (called good posture) while riding, and stopped me from having to roll my shoulders forward to catch the bars. Pricey, but worth it.

I did a simple write up on the range of movement thread for the Tri-Axis bars. Measured from the bar ends forward to the mirror and down to the floorboard while keeping the yardstick as close to level and square as possible. It may let you compare where your hands will end up.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ferrerid=34189
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.