I know I'm doing it wrong, but while doing some mad scientist investigating I found out some things about the automatic air system that I'd like some feedback on to see if I got it right.

First, to be operational, the bike needs to be running, in gear, with the parking brake off. Is this right?

Second, to get some kind of idea, I bled down the bladder and pressured it up to determine when the air pump comes on and when the bleed valve opens. Being as the system is on a feedback sensor, I'm assuming that the bike will make the set-points (more or less) whether it is loaded or unloaded. Is that correct?

I did determine that as measured from the tip of the rear fender to the level smooth concrete that the air pump came on at ±13" from the rear fender tip to the ground, and the bleed valve opens at ±17" fender tip to ground. All of this is subjective, based on tire size and pressure, etc. This is on my bike alone.

I'm looking at loaded vs unloaded bike heights to determine shock setup. I know, I'm doing it wrong, but I've got to work with what I have. If you've ever done any of this kind of stuff, and have some input, please pitch in.