Spyder Garage

Default Shoutout to nslowmotion- Brake Pedal Fixed

Giving a shout out to Mr. nslowmotion. I just recently fabricated a foot brake upgrade with riser. I used the bike brake pedal that everyone uses, but didn't cut it off quite as much as others have done. I also made a riser out of 1.25" square aluminum solid bar. I come from the old school of cruise brake stompers, and don't mind picking my foot up to smash the brake. I've ridden like this all my life, big brake pedal up high. The Spyder RTL brake had me worried I might miss it in the big one. I cut the 1.25" down to 1" height so it would feel right. Drilled it like Swiss cheese to lighten it. One thing I did was bought a 1.5" x 2.0" aluminum square tube and cut off a piece to form a "guide" for the brake pedal. I figured the 2 M6 bolts without the guide might work loose, and the guide I put on with screws and epoxy will resist that. Note that the OEM brake pedal sockets over the metal brake lever pad.

So, after that long winded tale, the shout out. My brake pedal was sluggish with the added weight. It would reset, but I could tell it was slower. I used Mr. nslowmotion's brake spring video, bought the exact parts, and installed them exactly as he showed, and the fix worked exactly as he said. Nice! Big Thanks to Mr. nslowmotion.

Pics so it did happen...
    Brake Pedal Riser Small.jpg
    Brake Pedal Small .jpg
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

I did the same thing as you, but I installed the pedal full size with an aluminum block, because I thought I had pain in my big toe that has osteoarthritis with the OEM pedal, and also to have more room for my foot.

FlyBoy2121
    2014 RT ltd , original original Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default brack pedal

My installation

FlyBoy2121
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default nice diy

Good job guys. always good to see diy projects solving issues we have...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

You do not have the choice to put a block under the pedal, if not the position is uncomfortable.

Tank You !!

FlyBoy2121

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why do you want the brake pedal higher. Most of us think it to high now

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Why do you want the brake pedal higher. Most of us think it to high now
    For me personally, I come from the cruiser school of bikes. Raising the pedal gives me more floorboard room, and I don't accidentally turn off the cruise by bumping the pedal. Having rode the cruisers that I have owned I got used to picking my foot up to stomp the brake. Same as my truck. Just what you're used to.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

For me personally,with the little pedal just brake with big toe joint, and my right foot all the joints of my big toe the cartilage is very weary, when I braked with the little pedal I had very big pain, I do a lot osteoarthritis all my right foot, with the pedal full width everything is OK!

FlyBoy2121