Spyder Garage

Default LED Headlight Options

I've been enjoying my Ryker quite a bit and have been quite fond of evening/night rides. Given this, I would like to improve the night time visibility from the headlights. Additionally, my Ryker has the LED auxiliary and illuminated handguards, so having nice, white LED headlights bulbs would improve the look as well.

I’ve seen some aftermarket bulbs that produce less-than-stellar beam patterns and don’t improve significantly over the stock bulbs. Some of these also seem to require modifying the mounting ring.

Has anyone used (or have experience with) the pricier conversion kit from Slingmods? Does this kit have an improvement over stock? The kit has excellent reviews and it quite appealing!

Spyder Garage

So a search here. You'll find a lot of us use Beamtech headlamp bulbs with great success.
    Calling an illegal immigrant an undocumented worker, is like calling the corner drug dealer an unlicensed Pharmacist.
    2019 900 ACE , Stock Black

Spyder Garage

Yep, BeamTech work great and are on Amazon for under $40 for the pair

Spyder Garage

Agree with others. I have the Beamtech H4 on my Ryker and they work great.
    https://www.amazon.com/BEAMTECH-Head.../dp/B06XHD78DQ

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roc87 View Post
    Did it require any modifications to fit the Ryker? Any changes to the electrical connection?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
    Did it require any modifications to fit the Ryker? Any changes to the electrical connection?
    No, they are a direct replacement. Nothing else needed nor are there any modifications needed. You will need to remove the headlight assembly

Spyder Garage

Alright, given these appear to be the far cheaper alternative, I am going to give them a try!

I assume I can follow the same installation instructions I would for the units from Slingmod? They have a nice video posted on their website.

Spyder Garage

No mods required, but as mentioned you will need to remove the headlights. The heat sink is large and cannot be installed into the lenses. Use the link below for the instructions.
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/ryker...light-install/

Spyder Garage

No mods required, but as mentioned you will need to remove the headlights. The heat sink is large and cannot be installed into the lenses. Use the link below for the instructions.
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/ryker...light-install/
    I was just reading those instructions, too! I've got them saved and will follow them when the bulbs arrive on Saturday. This looks like it should be a pretty straight-forward installation. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
    No, they are a direct replacement. Nothing else needed nor are there any modifications needed. You will need to remove the headlight assembly
    Thank you. Sounds like a winner, for sure.

Spyder Garage

When I select the Ryker from the application listing , it says it does not fit

Spyder Garage

The Beamtech's can be installed without removing the headlamps. It's about a 15 minute project.
    Calling an illegal immigrant an undocumented worker, is like calling the corner drug dealer an unlicensed Pharmacist.
    2019 900 ACE , Stock Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Triple View Post
    When I select the Ryker from the application listing , it says it does not fit
    Well they do fit, so there's that

Spyder Garage

Holy $***! This was neither an easy nor 15 minute project.

I have questions for those who said it was easy and could be done without removing the headlight assemblies: HOW?!

How did you get your fingers in there to turn the locking ring? There's no room, especially with the rubber boots in place.

How did you manage to install the rubber boots?

It was one TIGHT sandwich making it all work. My neighbor actually came by to help ��.

The third (bottom) screw for the headlight assemblies is in a terrible place!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RJS5689 View Post
    Holy $***! This was neither an easy nor 15 minute project.

I have questions for those who said it was easy and could be done without removing the headlight assemblies: HOW?!

How did you get your fingers in there to turn the locking ring? There's no room, especially with the rubber boots in place.

How did you manage to install the rubber boots?

It was one TIGHT sandwich making it all work. My neighbor actually came by to help ��.

The third (bottom) screw for the headlight assemblies is in a terrible place!
    In years on this Forum I have to agree! AFTER the piece is put on it seems to get MUCH easier as people talk about it. Not sooo much when you or I try the next day.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Agree. I could not get the lights into position with the large LED heat sink. As mentioned above I removed the lenses to install per the instructions I provided. Took about 30 minutes.

Spyder Garage

Yep, I removed the housing also. I thought it was a pain in the a$$ too.

Spyder Garage

It's nice to have headlights that not only match in color to the other LEDs on the bike but also improve night riding!

IMG_20190827_204453.jpg

Spyder Garage

In my experience with led lights in a reflector style housing the lights just seem to puke a ton of bright light out with no real direction. So super bright up close but not a lot of quality light out from the machine. I have been very happy with led lights in projector style housings. Are you guys happy with the quality of light and the amount of vision these beamtechs are producing?

Spyder Garage

I have the LED headlight and fog light kits from Slingmod. They are pricey compared to the other options suggested. I was impressed that they have 360 degree LEDs vs just two sided. I think the lighting is better with the RT light reflectors but no actual data.

YMMV.
    Dave

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dklehman View Post
    In my experience with led lights in a reflector style housing the lights just seem to puke a ton of bright light out with no real direction. So super bright up close but not a lot of quality light out from the machine. I have been very happy with led lights in projector style housings. Are you guys happy with the quality of light and the amount of vision these beamtechs are producing?
    If I wasn't happy with them I would have returned them.