Spyder Garage

Default Ryker Rally Stock bar with Bajaron Links?

First, I have Purchased many of Rons products including 2 sway bars, Brake stuff, Etc.
    I know the quality is Great But am trying to pay the Ryker of in 9 months.
    Has anyone Just used the Metal Links ($70) and the Stock Ryker bar and felt a Improvement.
    On Hard sweeping turns over a certain speed I get the VSS "Wallowing" I call it. If the Stiff links ONLY would give me more speed BEFORE the "Wallowing" it would be well worth it until I can afford the Bar also.
    Anyone experience the Links only option???

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

The factory plastic links do stretch and compress under load (read, anytime the sway bar is functioning). The greater the load, the more they stretch/compress. I have not put much effort into determining how much this translates into sway bar efficiency. But in every model, including the Ryker, I have had customers tell me, just installing the metal links does give them an improvement. Not to mention that the plastic links are subject to breakage (though to BRP's credit, this is not very common) and I have never had a BajaRon link fail in all these years.

Obviously, You will not get nearly the improvement with just links that you'll get with a full sway bar upgrade. And different riders will notice different amounts of improvement because there are so many variables. This is why I do not advertise the links alone as an upgrade to a stock sway bar.

We did notice a difference when we installed the BajaRon links on our test Ryker. It was the only sway bar kit prototype that we tested with the stock links installed because I did not have the upgrade links ready yet. We were all a bit surprised at how much it improved the function of the upgrade BajaRon bar. Because my bar is stiffer, it only follows that the stock links would take more away from function than they would with the stock sway bar.

We have not tested stock links against BajaRon links on any Spyders with stock sway bars installed. This information comes from customers.

I try not to 'Sell' product when I respond to these posts. But I know I will be asked. So my link set is $69.00 delivered (all Spyder & Ryker models). These come with a lifetime replacement warranty for defects or wear. These have Chromoly ends with self lubricating bushings and hard chrome spherical ball joints and a billet aluminum center portion. If you were to purchase these separately, you could then still get the full sway bar kit minus the cost of the links if you decided to go all the way later. Personally, I think anyone who rides the full sway bar kit is always going to want to go that direction.

My sway bar kit is admittedly more expensive than the BRP upgrade bar. I do not have the benefit of huge volume and probably a China price base that BRP does. But when you consider total cost of parts and installation. And that the BajaRon bar is easy enough so most people can install it themselves. You can end up with a better functioning (and I think better looking) bar for less total cost.

We have tested the BRP upgrade bar against the BajaRon upgrade bar. Customers have also replaced the BRP upgrade bar with the BajaRon bar. I don't make these statements just to sell a product. Frankly. I go into all these projects with the mindset that if I cannot produce a significantly better product, I won't bring it to market at all. It's not about the 'Sale'. It's all about customer satisfaction. Though you can't make everyone happy all the time. I do my best.

Forgive me if this sounds like a sales pitch. Most of us who make our own products are pretty passionate about it. In the long run, I think it works out well for everyone.

As always, if you have any questions, let me know. I'm happy to give an answer when I can.

Ryker Links
    Link-Ryker.jpg

Full sway bar upgrade
    IMG_6572.jpg
    Last edited by BajaRon; 08-20-2019 at 05:44 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Thanks! As Always a Great Explanation!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

The crappy bar on the Ryker should definitely be changed. BRP should be ashamed of themselves for putting on such a inferior swaybar. They should forget the regular bar and put on the upgraded one from the factory. The OEM bar is a piece of crap and should never have been put on. I guess this allows Ron to sell more bars. Never go cheap on important parts. Change the links as well.

Spyder Garage

Default Agree...

There will be an improvement as Ron has explained above. BRP has always been middle of the road on the bar so for many it is just fine as they do less than agressive ryding. You can go it step by step and see the differences something I have always recommended as you can better see what and how much difference each makes and budget for the next step....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black