Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

After 3 weeks of Spyder ownership I took one of the "Learn to ride" courses advertised on the BRP Can Am Spyder website.
    Now I've been riding on two wheels for over 30 years and found the course to be a great introduction to three wheels.

It was a single day , most of the day was spent in the saddle and I was able to put the Spyder through it's paces in a controlled setting. I would recommend it to anyone making the switch from two to three wheels.
    The instructors offered many valuable tips and I left there with much more confidence and a better understanding of Spyder handling characteristics .

I took a quick look and found the there are several locations in Pa that offer the course.

I am not affiliated in any way with the courses given except that I have taken one.

Spyder Garage

Hey, Lew!

Went on a 250 mile ride yesterday with my friends. I practiced your knee and elbow tips, and found that it really did help with my stability through curves. Whether right or wrong, I find I am smoother with a little "pull" of the bar - rather than a "push" on the other side...at least on *fast* turns. I'm struggling to learn to relax. I find that my shoulders were feeling tender by the end of the day. But I had so much fun that it's all worth it! Meeting some other friends this afternoon for a dinner ryde. :-)

Spyder Garage

I'll be looking into the "Learn to ride" courses. I learned to ride two wheels with Pennsylvania's MSF program, and don't regret it -- or the advanced courses I've taken since.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bofinn View Post
    Today is the 2nd day of riding my 2015 RT to work. 80-85 on a Chicago tollway and I'm learning fast. I also figured out the bent elbow thing and totally agree about pulling no pushing to steer.
    Just came from a week up there, foot to the floor stoplight to stoplight, people so far up your butt they can taste your breakfast, posted speed limits as recommended minimums... don't know how you guys do it. I doff my cap, sir!
    2018 RT , Dark grey

Spyder Garage

Yes it will take miles to get use to it, I also have been riding for over 50 years, last bike HD ultra Limmited 2011 with 104000. Due to bad hips bought a Spyder, I now have over 4000 on it and it gets better every day, first 1000 I also was ready to take the HD back out. Now I love it. Give it time.