Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Haha, Haha, Haha, ....... read why I'm laughing

I'm sure you remember the movie " The Wizard of Oz " …… the Munchkins sang " the Witch is dead, the Wicked Witch is dead " …………. well I'm singing that song now ….. WHY …. because I had my DESS module CANCELED … last week I met up with some Spyder riders from NY, at Willie's in Be3nson Vt. … " Joel the biker " was there with His lap-top, and He Canceled my DESS module.... I didn't want to post about it until I was sure my RT would start.... so today I dis-connected it annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd wa-la the bike started, and re-started, and re-started...… So His magic worked and I want to give a BIG shout-out to Joel, I'm still humming the song …… Mike

Spyder Garage

I had considered doing that, but they say the later models don't have too much issue with the problem. Time will tell.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

I also need to have mine turned off. I need to ride to either Houston to see Thornolis or to Spyderpops.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

If you have not had any DESS errors, I would just leave it be.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I am going to get mine disabled as soon as I can find someone within a day or two ride from southern Ohio who will do it. I'm retired, I'll ride two days just to get a good milkshake
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Default ta🎶da....

So that's it....you can now ryde on knowing that issue will not rear it's ugly head...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    I am going to get mine disabled as soon as I can find someone within a day or two ride from southern Ohio who will do it. I'm retired, I'll ride two days just to get a good milkshake

I will be available in Cleveland the morning of Tues Sept 3rd if you want to meet up.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I will be available in Cleveland the morning of Tues Sept 3rd if you want to meet up.
    Thank you. I may take you up on that. Undergoing some medical treatment currently, but may be good to go by then. If so I will contact you.
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am going to try and make a showing at spyderquest friday and saturday afternoon for anyone wanting their DESS disabled. Just look for my unique spyder. Just because your DESS is working fine now, doesnt mean it wont leave you stranded. Once it is disabled, you wont notice any difference except for the increased confidence that it wont leave you stranded. I can only do up to 2016 spyders.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

I will be at Spyders in the Hills in Kerrville TX in Oct and can handle all years Spyders.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Will anyone that can disable the DESS system be at the Spyder Rally in Maggie Valley, N.C. in Oct 2019 ?
    Thanks

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    I am going to try and make a showing at spyderquest friday and saturday afternoon for anyone wanting their DESS disabled. Just look for my unique spyder. Just because your DESS is working fine now, doesnt mean it wont leave you stranded. Once it is disabled, you wont notice any difference except for the increased confidence that it wont leave you stranded. I can only do up to 2016 spyders.
    I'm sure you've read my write-up on this ( thanks again ) …. Please post if you can come and when ….. I'm going to try and be there one day to re-new old acquaintances ….. I' ll be driving something orange and quite loud …… Mike