Spyder Garage

Question Audio whine 2015 RT SE

Today I started getting a very high pitched whine coming from the speakers on all inputs. Any thoughts? Neighborhood dogs are concerned 😟

Spyder Garage

Strong Aurora Borealis today?
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Whine or static?

Several possibilities.

If you ride two up, ask your wife or girlfriend to stop whining.

Second, often a failed alternator diode could induce noise into an electrical system on any vehicle.

Have you recently installed LED lights, or even installed LED lights previously that are not oem Can Am. LED lights are typically noisy. Often the noise generated by LEDs can be difficult to eliminate. Some companies will send plug and play resistors, while others have had good luck installing chokes. Kind of a magnetic ring that the wires are wrapped through. Additionally, if you recently installed aftermarket LED lights, not headlights, but “glow” lights, you may need to install a separate fuse box and route all wires away from oem wire harnesses.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Whine or static?

Several possibilities.

If you ride two up, ask your wife or girlfriend to stop whining.

Second, often a failed alternator diode could induce noise into an electrical system on any vehicle.

Have you recently installed LED lights, or even installed LED lights previously that are not oem Can Am. LED lights are typically noisy. Often the noise generated by LEDs can be difficult to eliminate. Some companies will send plug and play resistors, while others have had good luck installing chokes. Kind of a magnetic ring that the wires are wrapped through. Additionally, if you recently installed aftermarket LED lights, not headlights, but “glow” lights, you may need to install a separate fuse box and route all wires away from oem wire harnesses.
    ‘Wife was the one that noticed it, i had earplugs in
    I have had LEDs installed for months no issues....this just showed up, bike had not been ridden in a week and there it was. Very high pitched “squeal “ that makes audio system unlistenable.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Geep View Post
    Today I started getting a very high pitched whine coming from the speakers on all inputs. Any thoughts? Neighborhood dogs are concerned ��
    WTH its gone! Rode today and went thru all the audio inputs and as quiet as before it happened....wife was not with me, any chance her hearing aid with Bluetooth was the culprit? `15 RT dont have a BT connection but my iPhone 8 was plugged into rear audio input.......