Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth and USB Connection on 2019 f3 ltd

Just got a 2019 F3 LTD , when i plug my iPhone to the USB in the glove box , and try to stream music get a message "BT Auto not available when phone is connected to USB " when the phone is not connected to the USB it works fine. so I can't use the command apps ie MAPS and stream music at the same time . or charge my phone while in booth mode . What am i missing or doing wrong ?
    Please help going nut Do love the new Spyder

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbear View Post
    Just got a 2019 F3 LTD , when i plug my iPhone to the USB in the glove box , and try to stream music get a message "BT Auto not available when phone is connected to USB " when the phone is not connected to the USB it works fine. so I can't use the command apps ie MAPS and stream music at the same time . or charge my phone while in booth mode . What am i missing or doing wrong ?

Thanks
    This might help. It's a data blocker. Disclosure: I've never used it but it seems it will do what you want: let the iPhone charge without connecting data via USB.

https://www.amazon.com/PortaPow-3rd-...gateway&sr=8-3
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Thanks but still want to use maps and stream music . but if I wan to ride and rock the sounds like it will work.

THANK YOU

Spyder Garage

anyone ??

Spyder Garage

I have an android phone and not an iphone so I cannot be specific. Lots of folks are using iphones so it should work. It sounds like a phone settings issue. Find the right setting to change. Maybe do a google search. That will give you a broader range of answers.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I am guessing here but is BT Auto software that connects the phone via BlueTooth? If yes, I would imagine the phone has difficulty being comnnected to the Spyder via BlueTooth and USB.
    Eckhard

Spyder RT Ltd, 2011
    2011 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Thanks
    Ok, I guess my first question is what are you connecting via Bluetooth? The bike or the helmet? I would connect your phone to the usb (my understanding is that Bluetooth and USB do not function at the same time) from Apple support it says if you are connecting via bluetooth do this and if you are connecting via usb do this...) and connect your helmet to the bike via bluetooth. The bluetooth from the bike will deliver all the sound to your helmet (not the phone) and it should stream and do data that way. Also, when the phone is connected to the bike via usb you do not need a bluetooth connection just the usb. (If I am understanding your question)
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

Thanks for you input , i am trying to use the maps on connect which requires connection via USB , and stream music from xm or I heart via blue tooth , i start the music then connect usb for maps on connect and music stops . I see no way to stream music in connect and get a message that blue tooth is not available when phone is connected to UBS.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for you input , i am trying to use the maps on connect which requires connection via USB , and stream music from xm or I heart via blue tooth , i start the music then connect usb for maps on connect and music stops . I see no way to stream music in connect and get a message that blue tooth is not available when phone is connected to UBS.
    Be certain that you have setup your iPhone correctly, with BRP Connect. Here is a link to the BRP Connect Tutorial videos, and FAQ's (scroll down about 2/3rds of the page): Tutorials

If that doesn't help, you may need to contact the software developer to see how to make it work.

Spyder Garage

Thanks
    Here is a link to a thread that, I think, addresses at least some of your issues: Looking for BRP Expert

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for all the help , and for the link to that thread , nice to have all the help from fellow riders . will try some of the ideas and keep you posted ,

THANKS

Spyder Garage

I guess what I was trying to say is to use your phone as you would with wired head phones. The only difference is that once plugged into the BRP system you cannot see the screen. The music should still play as it would through the headphones (thinking of a newer iPhone with the Lightening connector).
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Your 2019 operators manual has way more instruction than the 2018 manuals so you should be able to answer your own questions better than we could.

The iPhone needs to be a 6 or better. The phone needs to be both cable and BT connected. You open the music app in the dash and select what music you want. You can then set up the other apps to operate in the dash. Opening a new app requires you to have access to the phone so when you select it on the dash you have to go to the phone and touch OK. The GPS apps (Genius and Sygic) requires a fee to be usable in any vehicle system. Sygic is cheaper and sometimes on sale. It's also better to see in the dash and easier to use. You also have to make sure the GPS apps have permission to be opened in the vehicle. I helped a rider where she could see the highlighted route on the phone but not in the dash and found out she needed to set the permissions.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Did you ever find a fix? I’m having the same issue.
    Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can't have XM and BRP Connect at the same time. The only music available is Apple Music. You can have XM music but as soon as you open BRP Connect it quits. I use the radio in Apple Music. Start it then plug the cable in and turn on bike. (phone must be both bluetooth and cable connected) Once you hit the button and see the apps, open music and play what was already playing. Music is streamed vie bluetooth and display and maps via cable. If headsets are pair directly to the phone, remove them. Pair phone to bike and pair headsets to bike.

It would be a neat thing to do if we all emailed BRPCare and told them to get off their a$$es and fix it so we get what we want.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Flamewinger is correct thats what I did use apple music radio for streaming and use BRP connect for maps . It works ok . I did add a phone mount between the handle bars and add a extender usb cable ( phone got to hot in glove box ) . Also tried the data blocker and then was able to use XM and use maps on phone sync or genius or google all are larger then on connect screen . , can control music
    via bike volume control and have a bigger map on phone , send music and directions to bike or helmet .