Spyder Garage

Spyder Baja Ron's Sway Bar/Vredestein Quatrac5 tires for 2016 RT

First of all we (wife & I) would like to thank the contributors of this forum for the wealth of reliable testimony of after market products to improve the performance of our Spyders. Examples of great testimony was the recommendation of replacing the stock sway bar with Baja Ron's sway bar which we did right after we purchased our Spyder. Another was the recommendation of the Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires which we just had installed on our Spyder last week. Both proved to be a winner in the handling and performance of our wonderful Spyder. We would like add a few comments to this forum from our experiences so far with these products and in October we will give both the sway bar and tires the ultimate test for two weeks riding the majestic Smoky Mountains during the changing of the leaves. No doubt we will be able to provide personal testimony to this forum about the performance of these two after market products. Now for our comments:

First, After having Baja Ron's Sway Bar you can feel the difference in every maneuver you make as this sway bar is far superior to the stock sway bar. With the stock sway bar it felt we were going to lay over going around curves and making turns. Baja Ron's Sway Bar took away these feelings of laying over with great support and increased our confidence in taking these same curves and turns. We highly recommend upgrading your sway bar and also purchase the mounting brackets which are made of metal v.s the plastic original parts. Anyway we think you will enjoy your Spyder more and feel safer with the upgrade sway bar as we did.

Second, some comments about the Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires. Never in the years we have been reader's of this forum and now contributor's have we seen this question asked. What is the only performance and safety item of your vehicle that touches the road??? Yes, YOUR TIRES! Our motivation to upgrade our tires from the stock tires to the Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires is to increase our safety and performance when enjoying our Spyder. We are confident based on the testimony of the great contributor's of this forum that we will further enjoy our rides with an increase in safety and enjoy the improved performance of our Spyder especially riding the twisties of the Smoky Mountains. Just based on riding in our area you can feel the improved traction and comfort of our ride with our new tires and we will be very confident riding the mountain roads. Before we submit our contribution to this forum, we would like to end with some comments and questions which will help the reader's of this forum as well as this Spyder Lover.

1. We purchased all three tires (2) Vredestein Quatrac 5 165/65R15 81T and (1) 205/60R15 91V online from Vulcan Tire and had them shipped to us without question of their use and we had them installed by a dealer who sells Spyders by making an appointment stating we are upgrading to high performance tires. No questions asked!

2. We would appreciate any comments from the many experts on this forum on what tire pressures we should inflate the fronts and backs. Right now we have both front and back at 18 PSI. Based on some research we might change the fronts to 16 PSI. All comments welcome!

3. Finally, any other recommendations on upgrades which will increase the performance and safety of our Spyder will be highly appreciated...

Thank You again to the great contributors of this forum for sharing the wealth of information you have accumulated over the years to improve the Spyder Experience! We hope the little bit we have to offer will help any Spyder owners who may want to improve the performance and safety of their Spyder!!!

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Upgrades

Enjoyed the post and will wait for the 'Smokie trip report'. Enjoy your Time and Always RYDE SAFE.....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Run our Vredestein front tires at 16 PSI and really like them at that pressure.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for your comments. I discovered the Quatrac 5 a few months ago, and have been recommending it since …… I ride with slightly less front and rear PSI, but you are a that area with yours ….. I suggest you try dropping them a bit and see how you like them …. remember those tires will increase in PSI after a few miles of riding ( unless it's very, very cold - then it could take 10mi. ) so if 15psi becomes 18 psi they will become less compliant and you might feel it - as far as comfort goes..... but they will still handle well ………… thanks for your review, and please keep us informed on your testing ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

16# on the fronts, and 18# on the rear works the best for me
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I run 16# on the front Quatrac5 and a Kumho on the back at 20#. It seems like a good combination for me. The BajaRon bar also made a big difference. You might be interested in the recent posts about running an asymmetric tire on the rear. Ride safe.

Dave

Spyder Garage

I run Quatrac 5 all around and currently dialed in at 16# front, 19# rear!

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for your comments and recommendations. We are going to try 16# all around and see how that works. We sure are enjoying our ride much more with these upgrades. Safe driving Spyder Family!!!

Spyder Garage

I like the comments on the Vredestein Quatrac 5. Seriously considering changing from Continental ProContact. I should have 40,000 miles on them by the end of September. At 38K miles, the tread depth guage shows 9/16