Spyder Garage

Default parking brake adjustment

Good Morning, hope everyone is out riding, been a little rainy here in Chicagoland lately.

Just had my 14 RT LTD up on the lift to check everything out. It seems when I changed the rear pads I guess I didn't locate the cable properly or it came out. The two adjusting nuts were not located in the slot where they should be and the cable had tension on it because it was running at a slight angle. The rear wheel seemed to not be as free as I thought it should be. I thought my gas mileage had been a little low also. I took the spring off and rerouted the cable the right way and left a little slack in the cable when I tightened it back up. I thought it rear wheel still was a little tighter than both fronts, is that normal? It was dark and getting late so I will look at it again in the AM. I know the brake needs to be working on the semi-auto so it will not roll on you when it is not running so I got to get it right. What is the correct way to adjust the parking brake? I found this on youtube --- https://youtu.be/qnIgEZ1pgRw. Thanks, Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-19-2019 at 05:55 PM.
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

I was in the area last week. The humidity just about killed me... Glad to be back in New Mexico.

Spyder Garage

The rear is going to be a bit tighter than the front because of the drive belt.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I set the cable to be a little loose when not engaged.
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO