Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Baja Ron Sway Bar, hands down.

It's the best because the installation was quite involved (for me, at least).

But when I got done, WOW, WHAT A DIFFERENCE !!

The sense of accomplishment and the way it turned my Spyder into something more enjoyable and safer to ride make it the best mod for me, and I have made 17 of them.

So far ……
    Last edited by Peacekeeper6; 02-15-2021 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Edit
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

Changing the Top Box tail/brake light dummy for the real thing LEDs, and changing Pannier Reflectors for LED lights made the 2020 F3L much easier to be seen on the road. Fitting a signature light makes the front look better while the Rabbit Sway Bar is really good for smoothing out the cornering and general road holding.
    2020 F3 Ltd , Brake Pedel lowered. Liquid Titanium

Spyder Garage

Default almost had me stumped...

Man. I love these old threads
    So many good replies and lists.

So... the “Best” Mod.
    Most of you have mod counts nearing the triple digits (across multiple cycles...)
    but I’m still a new rider, and haven’t made many changes (...yet).

I kind of read the question as if it said... “If you only got to rYde with 1 mod, your best mod, ...Which mod is it?

So I sat back in my chair for a min. Loooong sigh. Rubbed my chin. nodded a few times.
    Rubbed my chin a little more...
    Sigh.

Went out to the garage. Walked around the bike. Oggled a bit. Leered suggestively.
    Couldn’t decide... so... Took her out, to think it over.

Realized... every mod was selected, overthought, and added with luv & attention.
    But if I had to take just 1, it’d be the dang Mirror Locks.

Because while everything else felt like an “improvement” or “bling”, ...the Mirror Locks Fixed something
    that bugged the EVER LIVING CRRRAP outta me— From day1 ride1 mile1, right up to the minute I hit the highway after I modded it.

Thats probably Lightyears ago for most of you, but...
    I might have only just stopped gritting my teeth about the memory in the last 50miles...

But to each their own! Happy Riding & Viva La Farkle
    2019 SpYder F3-T
    +Lamonster Mirror Locks AMEN! | +Lamonster FogLights | +MadStad Windsheild | +Dual A-Arm Running Lights
    +Spyclops LED Light | +SpyderExtras Grille | +TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors
    ...and what dreams may come

Spyder Garage

Aux tank that's effectively tripled my range before I need to stop and fill up - I hate stopping and it means I can get even further off the beaten track:-)
    DSC00504.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    Aux tank that's effectively tripled my range before I need to stop and fill up - I hate stopping and it means I can get even further off the beaten track:-)
    DSC00504.jpg
    Where do you keep that tank? Pics please

Spyder Garage

DSC00504.jpg
    Triple range? That would be around 12 extra gallons.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by iditchmycar View Post
    My best custom mod is raising my handlebars 2 inches.
    What did you use to raise? Lamonster kit, etc.?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ollicat View Post
    Where do you keep that tank? Pics please
    it's mounted on my rear rack (big cylinder in pic that looks like a mini beer barrel) and plumbed into the main tank so as fuel is used from the main tank more is pulled through. Here is a closeup of it mounted and also how the pipe feeds through via a quick release connector:
    DSC03787.jpgDSC00915.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Triple range? That would be around 12 extra gallons.
    I'm not sure on the exact capacity as I was given the tank by someone after helping them out (long story). However because its plumbed into the top of my main tank it allows me to completely fill that as well, if you have an RS you'll know they are really hard to fill - and being a 2011 RS has a lot lower range than the newer models. So with gas stations being few and far between here the furthest I'd risk is 200km before looking to fill-up, even then I've run out once when the pump was out of action and the next gas station was too far. Now I can do 400km before gas gauge starts to drop which means I can treat my main tank as a massive reserve:-)

Spyder Garage

it's mounted on my rear rack (big cylinder in pic that looks like a mini beer barrel) and plumbed into the main tank so as fuel is used from the main tank more is pulled through. Here is a closeup of it mounted and also how the pipe feeds through via a quick release connector:
    DSC03787.jpgDSC00915.jpg
    I'm not sure on the exact capacity as I was given the tank by someone after helping them out (long story). However because its plumbed into the top of my main tank it allows me to completely fill that as well, if you have an RS you'll know they are really hard to fill - and being a 2011 RS has a lot lower range than the newer models. So with gas stations being few and far between here the furthest I'd risk is 200km before looking to fill-up, even then I've run out once when the pump was out of action and the next gas station was too far. Now I can do 400km before gas gauge starts to drop which means I can treat my main tank as a massive reserve:-)
    Rough guesstimate, the tank looks like it's gonna hold something like 40 litres, so close to double the standard tanks 'useable fuel' capacity of a tad over 20 litres to the filler ring. Then when you add in the extra capacity you get by completely filling the standard tank (not so much air or expansion gap above the filler) it's pretty easy to see how a tank like that, to give you better than 60 litres of gas all up, could triple the Spyder's original range!!

I want one!! There again, given that I have an RT, I think it might not be able to work quite the same way? Oh well, still thinkin'
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!