Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Did you have to rebalance the tires? Do you carry a spare cap?
    Only if they weigh more than an ounce. My little grenade ones are pretty light
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I actually had to do some thinking on this one. Over the years, I have farkled six different . Two things have been on ALL of the that I have owned.

Extra lights. My thought, you can't have to many lights. My most recent has extra driving lights, signature light, mirror lights, vent lights, and on the back trunk, extra lights. The new F3 looks like a fully decked out semi going down the road at night. I think they see me now.

Aftermarket seat. I have always cried the blues about the OEM mush seats. On my first (08 GS), I had to have a Corbin with the gas door. On my third (10 RTS), I did the same. I liked both Corbins that I owned. I am a fan of the "firmer" feel. I have always called them "supportive." 56,000 combined miles on the Corbins.

Then, I turned cheapskate. All of the other aftermarket seats have been BRP comfort seats, and on my latest F3, I purchased the Cannonball seat, because I liked the quilted pattern. All of these seats were in the $500 - $600 range. I have found them to be an improvement over the OEM.

I have not added any mechanical devices on ANY of my . I am happy with the operation of the machines, and they have all worked well for me.

I have always been into the "bling" mode though. Footboards when they were not OEM, Fairings, Trunk, and Saddlebags, when they were not OEM. The latest, a chrome rack on my F3 trunk.

That's my story.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-23-2020 at 10:49 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Best mods for me were the Tri-Axis handlebars, driver backrest and the Vredestein front tires. Spyder came new with the Rolo alignment,,,,dealer does it (or at least did it) on all setups prior to display.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

BRP Backrest

Spyder Garage

It used to be the RIVCO Floorboard kit.

BUT, the Spyderpops Air Mananagement System, Missing Air Dams, and Missing Heat Shield for the 2012 Spyder RS-S I installed yesterday take the award now. My right foot would swell from the heat that was coming out of that hole in the desert heat, was like somebody peeing hot fire on your foot when you tried to use the floorboards when it was hot out.

I got my floorboards back, plus the two bar drop on the temperature gauge makes me feel a lot happier about the cooling system now, they are vital here in western Colorado, and its nice to see this improved it. The tunnel is even cooler so the seat stay cooler too, great improvement to overall rider comfort.

I wont lie, if I knew about the RS-S Dragon Foot issue, I would not have bought it, its that annoying to me. IF this had not worked I would have traded it for the F3S I have been ogling. I am golden now.
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

Car tires and spring stiffeners
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

My husband and I were trying to decide which seats were the best to upgrade our 2015 RT Limited stock seats. We looked at a lot of options and decided that the most comfortable seat was the one on the 2020 RT Limited, Marsala red. So we bought that one.
    BEST. MOD. EVER!!!!!
    We're picking it up Saturday.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ahhh, post #1 from kokeshi and a good one by the way.

Spyder Garage

Well, I feel kinda dumb because we moved shortly after we bought the 2015 RT in 2017. (It was new.) We went on great trip with the Spyder to the 3 Wheel Rally in Deadwood. I was feeling comfortable on the bike and did a few group rides myself. Lots of fun. After we moved, my husband worked a lot, and neither of us rode much. He's got a better job now so we started riding again. He kept saying that we should take a trip on the bike, but I remember how miserable he was on that seat and was always suggesting that we tow the bike to wherever and ride it when we get there. I started researching a seat solution. He went on a test ride. After reading about the badly needed redesign on the RT, it didn't take much more than a test drive to realize that it was time to trade. So, I'm starting to learn to drive it again. Doing the parking lot thing now. There is a 3 wheel course by BRP that I plan on taking in a few months. Between daily practice on the bike and the course, I should be a better driver than ever. And I'll be learning it all on the new bike!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kokeshi View Post
    We looked at a lot of options and decided that the most comfortable seat was the one on the 2020 RT Limited, Marsala red. So we bought that one.
    Wow! And here I thought an Ultimate was expensive. Silly me. But I know you are going to enjoy your your new seat.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

There were comfort issues that had nothing to do with the seat itself which were corrected by the new design, like my husband wanted to have more options for body position on longer trips. I just wish that I could alter my position when we're on longer trips. Unfortunately, the passenger position has few options. I know I'll be getting off and stretching my hips every time we stop for gas.

Spyder Garage

Best mod lately was giving the hard mount Harley vibrator to my son and buying a new, balanced, smooth riding Spyder.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Added the bigbikeparts backrest and trunk rack, Canamspyderaccessories hitch

It’s kinda a tossup. The rack is where tankie, my tail gunner, rides and tankie protects me.
    93687B4E-F76E-4849-BE7A-DE5AC878127B.jpg

The trailer will be useful, but the backrest makes me feel much more attached to the machine.

MWO (Ret'd) SJ Barnes
    ‘20 RTL Stone Grey
    named Britannia in honour of EE Doc Smith’s
    Grey Lensman’s ship.
    Farkles:
    Bestem Carplay
    canamsypderaccessories hitch and wiring harness,
    showchrome trunk rack,
    12v AND dual USB direct to battery in the frunk,
    dual USB switched in the blank console switch spot (parasites the power off the seat heater switch),
    frunk lid organizer,
    trunk organizer,
    showchrome rider backrest,
    ryder and passenger cup holders,
    ram mount for the iPad mini I use for GPS
    quadlock phone mount
    Nautilus horn
    Data blocker on the glove box USB
    Big Bike Parts highway pegs
    Spyderzone dash pouch
    Convex mirrors

‘20 Ryker 900 (my wife’s ryde)
    Farkles
    Slingmods fwd/rev ‘suicide shifter’
    frunk organizer
    dual horn
    Max mount
    Rear seat with tall back rest (not mounted)
    Ryder backrest (not mounted)
    Side bag
    Top bag

top bag makes a good backrest. Will swap on the rear seat if she ever wants to 2up
    2020 RT Limited , Stone Gray

Spyder Garage

Very Beautiful Bike!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

WOW! 64 posts and only 5 of them mention tires.

As much as I like to add farkles and lights, the two best mods were: front tires and rear tire.

Anything else is just incidental.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

My best custom mod is raising my handlebars 2 inches.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-10-2021 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Fixed attach config

Spyder Garage

Federal Formoza AZ01 up front and a couple weeks later the BajaRons sway bar.
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The heads up display for my speedometer. Best mod ever!!!! I never have to look down at the gauges. My speed is projected onto the windscreen. Only about a $30 mod! Available on Amazon and uses gps satellites for speed. Best mod ever!!!! I have had it on 3 different bikes. It can be seen in green on the windscreen in the photo below
    IMG_20190330_163236496_HDR.jpg
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Asking what is my best mod is not a fair question. Each mod has its own purpose and I cant say which one is the best.
    the combination works for me;lighting category has probably the most additions & visual enhancements: SpyderPops LED bumpskid trick ringz & fenderz, rivico &tricLed tail & brake lights.
    Smooth SPYDER Dual mode backrest Very well used as well the LidLox
    Rest are quite handy as well, surely don’t wanna give them up.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

For me the sway bar was the best. Looking at some of the others here I think I have some more upgrades to do before spring.

I thought about upgrading the vintage pillion rider on my Spyder to one that is only 25 years old. I hear those come with their own set of issues however! Plus the current one is kinda still great!
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    The heads up display for my speedometer. Best mod ever!!!! I never have to look down at the gauges. My speed is projected onto the windscreen. Only about a $30 mod! Available on Amazon and uses gps satellites for speed. Best mod ever!!!! I have had it on 3 different bikes. It can be seen in green on the windscreen in the photo below
    Joel, you need to come to Arizona. You will not need the radar detector or heads up display. Just roll with the traffic flow, speed limits here are generally ignored. I just pick a speed and click on the cruise control.

Different vehicles react to the throttle differently. We had a 2004 Buick Rainier with the 5.3 V8 and I hated driving it, as it always felt I had to push it to keep up with traffic. It was totaled last summer and replaced with a Ford Edge ST with the twin turbo 2.7L V6 that puts down 335hp, and I have to pull back on the reins to keep from going to fast, and our 2015 RAM 3500 SRW diesel is the same way. It has long legs and loves to go fast on the freeway.
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Joel, what mount is that for the radar detector? Looks interesting....................thanks
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Joel, throw us a link to that HUD.

Spyder Garage

Default Amazing Feedback on Mods

Thank You All... SO MUCH... for giving me a trunk full of your" Acquired Spyder Knowledge". Going forward, after my Sea To Sky arrives at dealer, I'm going after a Baja Ron Sway Bar, Mirrorlocs and while still at dealer, Alignment, Back Support and Passenger Arm Rests. Extra up front lighting and turn signals later this spring. I'll tell ya...I'm EXCITED!!! Dealer should be getting my new Spyder in the next few weeks. Lots to plan for. Thanks to all of your Intel, Going forward will be just a whole lot easier on my old mind.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Joel, what mount is that for the radar detector? Looks interesting....................thanks
    I made the radar mount myself along with many of the other mods like keyless locks( Which I also plan to add to.the 2021.spyder)
    The HUD can be found on amazon. I just purchased another for my 2021 S2S on amazon. The brand is Pyle.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green