Spyder Garage

Default New part number for 2018 and up trailer hitch and module

Looking through the Brp site and I see a new part number listed for the control module and hitch for 2018 and up rt model. So my 2014 hitch and control module not going to transfer over if I upgrade I assume?
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

The hitch will fit, but the trailer harness will not plug into the Spyder main harness. Not a big deal. The accessories catalog lists the proper new section of harness you will need to make your old module and harness work.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I had the 2018 factory hitch installed on my 2018 RTL. Took a trip to Chicagoland to pick up a 2014 RT-622 Trailer. They work correctly. I couldn't say though, if a 2014 harness would install on a 2018.

Spyder Garage

I noticed that on my wife's 2018 F3 that the polity on the GPS changed from my 2015. I assume that they did the same on the trailer power wiring. The hitch from our 2014 RT fit the 2018 F3 limited. I just purchased the wiring harness (3 total) to hook everything up.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Where might I find that adapter

Thanks for the info, I didn’t see anything listed in trailer section of Brp site that looked like an adapter. Do you happen to have the link or part number that I could look up?

Oh, wait is this the one? https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/shop/...2010-2017.html

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    The hitch will fit, but the trailer harness will not plug into the Spyder main harness. Not a big deal. The accessories catalog lists the proper new section of harness you will need to make your old module and harness work.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    Thanks for the info, I didn’t see anything listed in trailer section of Brp site that looked like an adapter. Do you happen to have the link or part number that I could look up?

Oh, wait is this the one? https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/shop/...2010-2017.html
    That's for 2017 and older. This is for 2018 and 2019 https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/shop/...d-rt-2018.html

Don't let the name confuse you. This is the cable replaces the cable that plugs into the Spyder main harness and plugs into your module that you saved. The reason for the change is the Spyder main harness connector has changed. On 2017 and older models it was a 12 pin and on 2018 it changed to a 16 pin. So it just does not fit.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer