Spyder Garage

Default How to change battery on F3S Model 2016?

I had this trike for 3 years now. I have not ridden this trike for over a year, and my biggest mistake was not putting a battery tender. However, I was informed that the heat actually kills the battery. The weather in the Central Valley got pretty hot this summer. I tried to jump it for 10 minutes, but when I tried to turn it on it would not start. Therefore, the batter is dead and needs to be replace. I was checking out the YouTube videos, but was unable to find how to remove and replace a battery. I also want to inform you that I am not mechanically inclined; however, I can always learn by watching Youtube videos. Anything will help with the right direction, thank you.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-18-2019 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Title

Spyder Garage

Sorry no video, but after opining the frunk remove the black plastic cover up by the headlights. Pull up from the bottom, and then remove the 4 plastic pop rivets holding down the frunk bucket and lift out. The battery will be exposed for removal.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

What Les said. Just make sure to remove the ground first, and replace it last. The metal hold down on top is a bit fussy, but it will go. Seat the bottom of the battery in the tray, first. Easy job. If you get stuck, call. Number below. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Where are you located in Central Valley? If you are near by I can swing by and give you a hand. Let me know.
    It really is a sickness!
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

Thank you, I have actually remove the frunk with the 4 pop rivets. The battery is exposed. I a saw 2 bolts that need to be removed, and remove 2 screws out of the batter positive / negative terminal. It should be easy, I think...I hope.