Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RS Fan

Spyder Garage

It is surprisingly "normal" for any fan cooling to wait that high on the temp gauge before coming on. It faked me out too. As the above post says, something else is going wrong with your Spyder. I would start by making sure the coolant cap is tight (and working), with a 2009 inspect that radiator hoses are not cracked or damaged... then check to make sure the radiator is not clogged and clean... then flush system and see what happens... then if needed, move on to thermostat, water pump, etc. Sorry to hear you are having problems. Glad that we can assure you the fan coming on until the temp gauge is 5-6 bars is not the issue but normal for this vintage of Spyder 998's. Jeriatric helped me a bunch... he's very knowledgeable. Maybe pick his brain for help. Lots of great, helpful folks on this site. Again... thanks everyone!

Spyder Garage

Awesome. Thank you for the help, I replaced the radiator cap and reflushed the coolant. If that doesn’t help I will try the thermostat and water pump. Is the thermostat replaceable? Or do I have to buy the whole assembly?