Spyder Garage

Default Slip on mufflers

Any recommendations on a slip on muffler. Looking for more sound but not crazy. Also if anybody added a slip on muffler does it void the warranty or did any issues arise. Also seen a Bluetooth tire gauge added to your tire. Do these fit on a stock 2019 F3L

Thanks Mike

Spyder Garage

Mike, If you just want a nice deep sound but not too loud, Get a RLS cat delete. A lot cheaper than replacing the muffler. no warranty issues.
    as far as a bluetooth Tire pressure monitor, FOBO sell the best one. On some wheels you may have to get longer valve stems for the front though.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

use coupon code Spyderlovers10 and save 10% at rlsexhaust.com

Spyder Garage

Just checked your ebay store, and can't find a 991 cat delete. The spider is a 2013 ST. Would you have such a model? I already have the Akrapovick. Muffler.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Richard

* 2012 RS SE5 (hers)
    * 2013 ST SM5 (mine)

Daughter RSS SE5 2014
    Son in law RSS SM5 2013

P.S. 3 Kumho AST 225/50R15 and 1 Toyo Proxies 4 225/50R15 rear tires
    2 sets of Kumho 175/55R15 front tires
    1 set of Hankook V4
    1 set of Canadian Tire General tire Evertrek RTX in 14" for the 2012 ...

Spyder Garage

Playing devil's advocate here, but I'm thinking a cat delete pipe "could" have some warranty ramifications. If the machine were to throw any kind of fueling codes related to emissions/richness/leanness, the dealer certainly could throw a hissy fit. Playing dealer/mfr game could become a hassle. Now, anything non fueling/emission related, shouldn't be an issue. Just thinking their is some potential for headaches if you were to have an issue. Heck, swap out the pipes before a service. That said, I doubt you'd have any issues.
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Richardv View Post
    Just checked your ebay store, and can't find a 991 cat delete. The spider is a 2013 ST. Would you have such a model? I already have the Akrapovick. Muffler.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
    RLS does not have a cat delete for a 991 engine. The only vendor that Im aware of that probably still carries those is Pit Bull.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

thank you for the replies. I went with the RLS crusher muffler. I spoke to the owner twice and he explained to me everything in detail and decided to give it try. I had the 2brother mufflers on my 1st F3 -Bit loud for my taste I'm just looking for a little more sound and I'm hopeful I made the right decision. Will post pics when I get them and a review. thanks again Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Have a 2Brothers muffler with their DB killer insert. Bought another (after market) baffle that fit the 2Bro's DB killer, cut that in half (shortened it) and installed it in front of the DB killer. So far sounds good to me, not too loud, get that little over lap sound on deceleration and no change in MPG, and performance otherwise seems about the same. Must have gotten it to just about the right amount of back pressure. Dropping the cat and swapping out the OEM muffler equals about taking about 50 lbs off the spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Have a 2Brothers muffler with their DB killer insert. Bought another (after market) baffle that fit the 2Bro's DB killer, cut that in half (shortened it) and installed it in front of the DB killer. So far sounds good to me, not too loud, get that little over lap sound on deceleration and no change in MPG, and performance otherwise seems about the same. Must have gotten it to just about the right amount of back pressure. Dropping the cat and swapping out the OEM muffler equals about taking about 50 lbs off the spyder.
    You have any pics or more info on exactly what you did, thanks.
    2015 F3 S , Silver and orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

First post pretty much tells it all. Spyder is 2014 RTS SE6 1330. Lamonster cat delete with Big City Thunder baffle. 2Brothers Can-Am Spyder RT S1R Slip-On System With DB killer insert. Got a baffle off Ebay and attached it to the DB killer with a small 1/4" nut and bolt so it didn't jump around. https://www.ebay.com/itm/EXHAUST-SIL...53.m2749.l2649 (The 2Bro's "cpmp cone silencer" may do the same job but it's kind of pricy. I may take another look at it in the future.) First test run, about 200 miles it sounded like a stock muffler so I cut the Ebay baffle in half. Second test run sounded much better, The trick in getting the sound you like, back pressure and performance all in balance. It all takes time and experimenting until you find that sweet spot. You'll never get that Harley evo potato/potato sound. It just aint ever gonna happen. Sorry, no pics but the parts and install is super simple.