Spyder Garage

Default $35 Full synthetic oil change

Really no need to take your ryker to the dealership. Oil change is extremely easy. Do-it-yourself and save well over $100. You heard it here 1st .

K&N filter $15
    Shell Rotella T6 $20

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RykerUSA View Post
    Really no need to take your ryker to the dealership. Oil change is extremely easy. Do-it-yourself and save well over $100. You heard it here 1st .

K&N filter $15
    Shell Rotella T6 $20
    I do not have a Ryker yet but please tell me the dealerships are not charging 100.00 for oil changes/maintenance? What is all included with the oil change for dealerships to charge that amount?

Spyder Garage

I do not think it unusual for a dealer to charge over a hundred bucks for a lube change. I paid over a hundred on my Harley. Of course, it was three different oils, not just the engine oil and filter.

Since my Ryker is on warranty, I will pay for them to do the maintenance until the warranty expires. Then I will probably do the oil change myself. I do not want to give them a reason to suggest that any complaints I may have not being covered due to my tampering in some manner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
    I do not think it unusual for a dealer to charge over a hundred bucks for a lube change. I paid over a hundred on my Harley. Of course, it was three different oils, not just the engine oil and filter.

Since my Ryker is on warranty, I will pay for them to do the maintenance until the warranty expires. Then I will probably do the oil change myself. I do not wan to give them a reason to suggest that any complaints I many have not being covered due to my tampering in some manner.
    If the price is 100.00 or more just for an oil change on a Ryker I would assume most people would just change the oil them self for a fraction of that cost regardless if it is under warranty or not. The warranty should have little to no effect on changing the oil yourself on a Ryker. Now, if people are just paying these prices for there own piece of mind than to each there own but from a financial stand point that sounds crazy to me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by m2845us View Post
    If the price is 100.00 or more just for an oil change on a Ryker I would assume most people would just change the oil them self for a fraction of that cost regardless if it is under warranty or not. The warranty should have little to no effect on changing the oil yourself on a Ryker. Now, if people are just paying these prices for there own piece of mind than to each there own but from a financial stand point that sounds crazy to me.
    You have to understand a lot of people that own motorcycles or 3 wheeler's don't even own a screw driver and rely on dealerships for all maintenance.

Spyder Garage

But if they do own a ryker, they do own a screwdriver because that's the only tool that came with the trike!!!

Spyder Garage

RykerUSA its not a screw driver its a PIN puller.
    900 Ryker Wifes

Spyder Garage

If it walks like a duck...

Spyder Garage

With the RT and F3 a full service runs $250-$300 depending on the dealer. That also includes a "BUDS" hook up to see if any faults were logged. It also shows BRP that you went to the dealer for maintenance. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

You cant possibly think that a dealer can survive on a $35 oil change. Even a $150 oil change is not bad for most riders that only need an oil change a season and dont have a clue or dont care how to get oil change done
    2015 Canam Spyder F3-S SE6
    Detachable Passenger backrest #219400703
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Blue Ridge Windshield #219400746
    Hood stripes decal kit #219400711
    F3 Idler Pulley #219800431 / Lamonster roller upgrade
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Lamonster F3 bar clamp with Quad-lock phone mount
    Foam Hand Grip Covers
    Tufskinz Peel & Stick Tank Protector Pad (Glossy doomed carbon)

Spyder Garage

I would assume that they check more than just the oil when they do the periodic maintenance. Even a Jiffy Lube checks the air filters and battery. I guess it all has to do with the owner's preference and ability. When I decide to start doing my own maintenance, I will purchase a Service Manual. I am not afraid to do my own small jobs on the bike, but I will let them check things out while it is on warranty. Of course, I prefer to ALSO double check them for my own peace of mind. When I removed my back wheel, I found the hub nut to come off way too easily. I doubt it was torqued close to 221lbs. No telling what else might have been put on it fast without checking.

Spyder Garage

HUH??? I would beg to differ on your comment about $150.00 not being bad for most riders ONLY needing a oil change a season. I would guarantee you most if not all would think that is insane. My Harley dealership doesn't even charge 150.00 for just an oil change.

Spyder Garage

I would assume that they check more than just the oil when they do the periodic maintenance. Even a Jiffy Lube checks the air filters and battery. I guess it all has to do with the owner's preference and ability. When I decide to start doing my own maintenance, I will purchase a Service Manual. I am not afraid to do my own small jobs on the bike, but I will let them check things out while it is on warranty. Of course, I prefer to ALSO double check them for my own peace of mind. When I removed my back wheel, I found the hub nut to come off way too easily. I doubt it was torqued close to 221lbs. No telling what else might have been put on it fast without checking.
    I here you! I do most of not all maintenance on my bike.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    With the RT and F3 a full service runs $250-$300 depending on the dealer. That also includes a "BUDS" hook up to see if any faults were logged. It also shows BRP that you went to the dealer for maintenance. Tom
    How much do they charge for just an oil change?

Spyder Garage

HUH??? I would beg to differ on your comment about $150.00 not being bad for most riders ONLY needing a oil change a season. I would guarantee you most if not all would think that is insane. My Harley dealership doesn't even charge 150.00 for just an oil change.
    I guess you could take it to Jiffy Lube and get a fast oil change for about $59 for synthetic. That's guesstimate of what it might cost now, considering I haven't paid anyone to do my oil change in about five years or so. Only because I was in a hurry to beginning a trip and didn't have time to do it myself. Do you know how much your dealer charges for an hour of labor? I bet you would be surprised. I doubt any dealer does an oil change for less than a hundred bucks, and that is being conservative. Can I say the word "conservative" on here?

Spyder Garage

I guess you could take it to Jiffy Lube and get a fast oil change for about $59 for synthetic. That's guesstimate of what it might cost now, considering I haven't paid anyone to do my oil change in about five years or so. Only because I was in a hurry to beginning a trip and didn't have time to do it myself. Do you know how much your dealer charges for an hour of labor? I bet you would be surprised. I doubt any dealer does an oil change for less than a hundred bucks, and that is being conservative. Can I say the word "conservative" on here?
    I have not taken my Harley into any dealership in over 8yrs for any maintenance as I do it myself so I would have no ideal what they might charge. I guess the point I was trying to make is that I think many people would be surprised how simple they can do there own oil change for a fraction of the cost that a dealership would cost you. There are also videos that show you how to change the oil on a Ryker like this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulaczcXAQi4

Spyder Garage

I have not taken my Harley into any dealership in over 8yrs for any maintenance as I do it myself so I would have no ideal what they might charge. I guess the point I was trying to make is that I think many people would be surprised how simple they can do there own oil change for a fraction of the cost that a dealership would cost you. There are also videos that show you how to change the oil on a Ryker like this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulaczcXAQi4
    It doesnt matter how simple an oil change could be, some people would not bother and frankly not worth it for some, watch bunch of you tube videos, go buy the oil, go take the old oil back to recycling centre,get down dirty and all that stuff. I personally change the oil myself even if it were to cost me same price at the dealer as i get joy in doing so. My point is that $100 is not much if you understand what goes into running a bike shop. Jiffy lube makes money in volume, 365 days a year. Most bike shops got only few months to make money and takes longer to change the oil on a spyder.
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Foam Hand Grip Covers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donhy View Post
    It doesnt matter how simple an oil change could be, some people would not bother and frankly not worth it for some, watch bunch of you tube videos, go buy the oil, go take the old oil back to recycling centre,get down dirty and all that stuff. I personally change the oil myself even if it were to cost me same price at the dealer as i get joy in doing so. My point is that $100 is not much if you understand what goes into running a bike shop. Jiffy lube makes money in volume, 365 days a year. Most bike shops got only few months to make money and takes longer to change the oil on a spyder.
    As I mentioned a few post back to each there own but I can tell you one person who would never pay that price...It's me!

Spyder Garage

As I mentioned a few post back to each there own but I can tell you one person who would never pay that price...It's me!
    That makes two of us but we are still a minority
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Foam Hand Grip Covers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donhy View Post
    That makes two of us but we are still a minority
    I appreciate and applaud you! If you are ever in the Cleveland Ohio area let me know and drinks on me!

Spyder Garage

How much do they charge for just an oil change?
    Don't know. Never did just that. My guess would be $150. Oil change kit is approx. $75, labor $62.50 for half an hour. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL