Spyder Garage

Default Price of F3 Limited

This question may be inappropriate and if so I apologize in advance.

What would be a reasonable ball-park price to pay for a 2019 F3 Limited? I realize there are a number of factors at play, Accessories and rebates. I did a build on CanAm's website and came up with a MSRP price and have done some internet searches and was wondering what others would be happy with as an out the door price.

It is alway nice to know when you are reaching the reasonable price point.

Thanks
    Poasttown

Spyder Garage

You are getting to the end of MY '19 and the OTD price could depend heavily on the number of F3 Ltds various dealers have in stock that they want to/must move to make room for new inventory. How far are you willing to travel to get the Spyder you want for the price you are willing to pay? How soon must you have the bike; are you willing to wait a month or two to get a better deal? Build a spreadsheet with the Spyder you want, color and accessories, showing the BRP prices for all, add in lines for assembly, documentation, titling, etc., and shop it around. Put dealers you are shopping to in columns to the right of the BRP MSRPs and go from there. Never mind what I or others would be happy with; what will you be happy with. What is the minimum percentage off MSRP you require? How hard to you want them to work for the sale. REMEMBER, all things being equal, the quality of service after the sale will probably be more important than the final price you are willing to pay for the bike.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poasttown View Post
    This question may be inappropriate and if so I apologize in advance.

What would be a reasonable ball-park price to pay for a 2019 F3 Limited? I realize there are a number of factors at play, Accessories and rebates. I did a build on CanAm's website and came up with a MSRP price and have done some internet searches and was wondering what others would be happy with as an out the door price.

It is alway nice to know when you are reaching the reasonable price point.

Thanks
    Poasttown
    I sent you a private message

Spyder Garage

I posted this information previously. Not EVERYTHING will be applicable everywhere. But sometimes you can do good in one or more categories. Just some things to consider when making a new Spyder purchase. And yes...it is getting to "bargain" time for the 2019's. Rebates usually follow a bit later...but they are usually best on the fully decked out models.

REPRINT:
    There is a lot to play with on any new vehicle purchase. I will see if I can find my tips and hints post.

I have put this advice in a few prior posts.

Buying a Spyder/Ryker is just like buying a car.

What you need to look at is the "out the door" price. Everything else is flexible. You may be able to dicker on one thing but not another...always keep in mind...what is that doing to my OTD price?

There is NO fixed MSRP and NO fixed trade in price.

Those are the first places to begin.

Accessories: All accessories are over priced for a reason. Some dealers try to get full price AND then charge you extra to install them. I get a discount on the accessories (especially if I buy a lot of them), l always get a discount on the install.

Extended BEST Warranty: It can be purchased a lot cheaper elsewhere. $700 is a good ballpark. You do NOT have to buy the warranty from the selling dealer. You have until the original warranty is about to expire.

The extended warranties are always overpriced. The salesman gets a commission for selling it to you. Some companies are more greedy than others.

Financing: Shop around. Get the dealers rate...go elsewhere to see if you can "beat" the rate. Have that "in the bag" so you can pull it out if you have to. Don't tell dealer that you will finance elsewhere. That is a bargaining chip on your pile. Do get pre-approved elsewhere...just in case.

Beware of "dealer reserve." Dealer quotes you the financing rate as X. He gets a special deal from the bank as Y. The difference between X & Y...the dealer gets a check from the bank. You pay for it on the financing contract.

Set up and administration fees: I call a large BS on this. All these do is add an extra profit on the contract (for the dealer). I don't pay them...on cars or on the five spyders I have purchased.

Tax, license, registration: A reasonable fee like $25 to $40 should suffice. They enter the information and push the button on the computer. Done. Not worth $200 like some charge.

Just like car buying...Caveat Emptor. Go in prepared and have some fun with it. Both my car dealer and my spyder dealer cringe when they see I'M BACK.

You wont get the same deals on Ryker as Spyder...since Ryker is low end. The above still applies with a loaded Ryker and extras...like warranty.

I guarantee there is a LOT for the dealer to play with here. He needs YOU more than you need THEM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

During negotiations the discount the dealer is giving seems to be the BRP rebate and nothing from the dealership themselves. It seems the dealer negotiations revolves around shipping, prep., destination charges, etc. Based on your experience is this the only wiggle room the dealers have?

Poasttown

Spyder Garage

Talking

You should get at least $3000 off from msrp. In addition to that, any rebates. No freight or set up. Now, that's a deal!
    Shop around