Spyder Garage

Default music on a 2019 rt limited

hooked up the mp3 player today in the frunk,there is a usb cord and a 3.5 cord.The mp3 player plugs into the 3.5 cord,you cannot use the usb plug to charge it while playing,the usb plug is for the phone and bluetooth,I would think that if there is a 3.5 plug for playing there should be a usb for charging,oh wait there are 2 charge plugs,in the rear of the trunk. Seems so simple to me but hay,i am just into my music.Had the music turned up all the way and at 75 cant hear crap.So will do what i have done before,Install a head unit,make some speaker pods for 6.5 speaker front and rear,and then I will be rockin.Not complaining,just sayin

Spyder Garage

I agree,the aux plug is near usless! If you dwnld music to your phone and add the brp connect app you will be much happier! You may even save yourself some $! Aaaand,all you can control with the aux plug is volume! That's how it is on my 18 rtlt. Bluetooth is way better but can only happen from phone with app. BS, I know!

Spyder Garage

Yep,I understand,will give that a try,guess I am way behind the rest of you,have never done bluetooth,and never had music on my phone.Time to learn I guess

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Make sure the dash software is 20.8. Use the phone cable along with bluetooth paired to the bike's dash so you can control and enjoy the music. Get the 2019 operators manual which had the missing instructions that the 2018's didn't come with.

http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...d-0697f025ae4d
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I have a 19 RTL and my radio is too loud, I can't listen to it all the way up. Now I may be getting old but it's still loud. I can control everything bluetooth except channel changes on my phone. I stopped using the usb in the frunk and I don't use the BRP connect app either. I put a USB charger on the dash to power the phone and use a ram mount, that's all. Until BRP connect allows use of more then 5-6 apps, it'll stay this way for me. Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
    I have a 19 RTL and my radio is too loud, I can't listen to it all the way up. Now I may be getting old but it's still loud. I can control everything bluetooth except channel changes on my phone. I stopped using the usb in the frunk and I don't use the BRP connect app either. I put a USB charger on the dash to power the phone and use a ram mount, that's all. Until BRP connect allows use of more then 5-6 apps, it'll stay this way for me. Chris
    It does allow what apps we need while riding. We don't need to be distracted by other apps. Yes, it would be nice to have Garmin ands Sirius and hopefully they will figure something out. Would even like to be Abel to open my garage door app so I can open the door easier.

Make sure the dash software is 20.8. Make sure the phone and apps are up to date. There are ways to get the sounds into the headset rather than the speakers. The joystick up/down changes the volume. While the GPS is giving directions you can use the joystick to adjust the volume without affecting the music volume.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 6ntune View Post
    hooked up the mp3 player today in the frunk,there is a usb cord and a 3.5 cord.The mp3 player plugs into the 3.5 cord,you cannot use the usb plug to charge it while playing,the usb plug is for the phone and bluetooth,I would think that if there is a 3.5 plug for playing there should be a usb for charging,oh wait there are 2 charge plugs,in the rear of the trunk. Seems so simple to me but hay,i am just into my music.Had the music turned up all the way and at 75 cant hear crap.So will do what i have done before,Install a head unit,make some speaker pods for 6.5 speaker front and rear,and then I will be rockin.Not complaining,just sayin
    I have a 2018 RTL, and with the v20.8 firmware installed and the ambient auto volume increase setting, I have more volume on XM Radio at 65 - 75 mph than I need.

Spyder Garage

Music-wise, adding Amazon music would be nice. It has an off-line mode that works great. We used Bluetooth on our last trip with not too much problem.