Spyder Garage

Default Turn signal indicator

My wife and I have trouble seeing the turn signal indicators on the dash panel. Our Phoenix sun is too bright to show this indicator thru the dark smoke lenses on our helmets. I bought the Can-Am Spyder RT Side View Mirror Amber Turn Signal from SlingMods.

The install is pretty easy. A total of 4 holes (or three and a notch) need to be drilled to run the wires from outer trim hole thru three plastic pieces to the main wire hole. (I missed the first one close to the hole from outer edge.) Not cutting these holes makes it difficult to fit the mirror back on. In the garage and on their install video, the LEDs looked great. But outside in the bright Phoenix sun the lights were washed out.

I peeled off the LED strips from the upper, under side of the mirror trim and remounted it on the upper outside trim. Much better. For me this was the whole point. I cannot see the turn signal indicator on the dash panel due to bright sunlight and dark goggles. The LEDs are visible in all sun angles except directly behind me. Even so, I can see them well enough to know they are on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 RT , Copper

Spyder Garage

I added the full mirror turn signals, but I also added a single 12v amber led ribbon light on each side, that showed up even better. I just connected each one to the turn signal lights on each side. I ran the wires out from behind and above the background instrument panel. I don’t remember now where I got them, maybe:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/

The light is too bright to mount facing you on the front panel, so I glued it on the bottom side of the dashboard. So we’re really looking at the side of the light, and it’s still bright enough to see in sunlite, but not too at night.

722F68ED-C1FC-4204-9813-099651C9D17E.jpg24C0DE6D-77A4-4A4F-AF53-8078FF866FD5.jpgADBE3802-6DF7-45C1-8F0D-655F75D97CB1.jpgB840CAB6-A296-4AD7-9E5B-C3D99EC12429.jpg

2022 Spyder RT Limited Sea to Sky Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

George where did you get the ribbon light?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze